Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Now I want a BLT instead of my salad.

You can make that BLT into a salad.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink and @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld , 1329 calories for lunch does not sound like a weight loss lunch for people, unless they are exercising like an athlete for hours every day!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink and @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld , 1329 calories for lunch does not sound like a weight loss lunch for people, unless they are exercising like an athlete!

This stated it fit 'weekly calorie goals'.

What if people eat a larger lunch, smaller breakfast or no breakfast and smaller dinner? Weight loss is just about meeting your calorie goal, no matter how or when you choose to eat them.

The BLT sandwich idea you posted is just a 'sandwich'. I rarely just eat a sandwich at lunch. I need something to go with that sandwich otherwise sandwiches alone at lunch are boring.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If I had that BLT I'd be hungry pretty quickly. A nice serving of salad on the side would help. Got to get to at least 6 serves of vegetables a day and swap bacon for heaps of chicken because I am one of those weird ones who hates bacon. I'd dice the mayo for cheese too but again that is a personal preference with taste.
    I'd totally skip Maccas and head for a different take away. Just not worth the calories for me. I'd prefer a nice juicy steak with vegetables instead. Much more filling.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    If I had that BLT I'd be hungry pretty quickly. A nice serving of salad on the side would help. .

Or maybe some fries and a diet coke.

Which would basically come out the same as a small Whopper with fries and a diet coke - so not sure how OP's lunch is any more "perfect weight loss"

I personally would not have Whopper and fries for lunch as a) I dont like whoppers much) and b) I'm at work most days and I take a packed lunch from home.

But then I wouldnt have a bacon sandwich either.
  • Fathater36
    Fathater36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Homemade Mango cucumber chicken salad with no dressing, its about 300 Calories, keeps me full till 6 pm.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Fathater36 wrote: »
    Homemade Mango cucumber chicken salad with no dressing, its about 300 Calories, keeps me full till 6 pm.

Would you mind sharing the recipe?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious, and I'm a vegetarian! :)
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Here's another idea for lunch if you want help with diet and weight loss, especially if you work, have a family, and are overwhelmed. Fitlife Foods recently opened in my town, selling high quality prepared meals, reasonably priced, all fresh, and offered in different sizes to accommodate different desires in caloric quantities. They have a shelf life of about a week, so you can buy enough for a week, pop them in the fridge, and you are done figuring out what to do for the week. They even deliver. At a clinic I work with, the whole staff is placing their order for a week, it gets delivered, and they are done, successful, happy with their diet and devoting time to other things. This chicken dish is 310 calories. Google "Fitlife Foods" and you'll find their operation's website. It's very interesting. c6to5tl0xkg8.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I can make lunches that are more to my taste, more appropriate calorically for what I want (310x3=930, no way, and I like lunch to be larger than breakfast and similar to dinner, more like 550 normally if on a deficit and eating around 1500-1600), and less expensive.

But it is nice to have someone who doesn't think that anything purchased = bad, all low fat=bad, as that seems to be more the approach here from the people who think there is one right way to do it. I do tend to err more on the whole foods, I wouldn't use a low fat mayo ever or Walden Farms, I make my dressings from olive oil and vinegar side, but I don't think that's the One True Way, as there is no One True Way.

I also do resort to something like SnapKitchen occasionally, which is similar. I see it as my lazy treat lunch (similar to getting poke on greens from a lunch place near my office), not something I'd do every day. I'm also thinking of trying out Sun Basket.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I eat my breakfast at lunch time. (2:00 - 3:00 in the afternoon)

It's almost always cottage cheese with vegetables or with home made vegetable soup on the side. If I'm feeling lazy, it's cottage cheese on rice cakes with tomato slices.

I never get tired of some variation of it.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mine is tortilla, siracha chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, pico de Gallo, salsa, sour cream, and avocado slices (or even guacamole). It tastes pretty amazing!!
    I normally eat a cheesecake slice after this lunch.