Getting back on track!!

Options
TeraMB
TeraMB Posts: 25 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
Once again I find myself eager to change and loss weight. My will power is always lacking but I think it's time to get back on track and stay there!!!! I find I go on these diets and then they don't reflect the reality of fast pace life. I need suggestions and support to make the right choices for a realistic change!! Let's do this!!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Stop going on diets and make lifestyle changes instead, a diet is only going to work in the short term.

Input your stats accurately in MFP, choose a sustainable weight loss rate and log your normal intake for a couple of days, review your data to see where you can make small changes to reduce your calorie intake to the MFP calorie goal. Over time as you get used to your calorie goal you can look at improving your nutrition and exercise.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Don't try and do it all at once, a good start is tl log,all food and drinks, maybe add a bit extra exercise and see where you are after a week or two. It's usually easier to persist if you make gradual changes
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You don't need willpower. That's a diminishing resource anyway. Use the food diary to plan and accurately record your eats. Stop eating each day when your calories are used up. Exercise if you want to and try to log that accurately, but try not to eat back too much from exercise calories. It takes a little bit of planning to get to the "stop" at a comfortable time of your end of day, but you are a mighty human. You can figure it out.
  • TeraMB
    Options
    Thank you !!! Your right I need to be accountable and do it!!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Discipline will help. But changing your lifestyle will help the most. It can take awhile, but this isn't a race.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Make small changes and they add up over time. I try to remember I am looking for progress, not perfection. Be forgiving of life situations that may stall or slow you down. Don't beat yourself up for the small things, just keep logging as accurately as possible and you will get there. As @cee134 says, it is not a race. Good luck!
  • TeraMB
    Options
    Thank you!! This week I have logged everyday!! My down fall is beer lol so I'm cutting my beer back to weekends lol
  • TeraMB
    Options
    Does anyone know how to check to see what your TEE is? Total Energy Expenditures ? Or macros?? I'm think it should be some where within mfp.