Bored of working out

Options
Hi people. Need help I'm constantly bored of working out. I keep swapping between weights to body weights don't no what I enjoy.
One min I enjoy something then I bored of it so do something else. It's driving me crazy.
Basically I'm getting no where In progression.
Any tips how to keep motivated or how to stick to a plan.
My food plan is great got loads of energy etc etc

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Are you using a planned program or just making it up as you go? I was a lot more motivated when I used a planned program and could see my progress as the weight I was able to lift increased.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Are you using a planned program or just making it up as you go? I was a lot more motivated when I used a planned program and could see my progress as the weight I was able to lift increased.

I follow plans then I just get bored of it so I try something different. Don't no if the heat that's putting me off.
    I'm a really active fella.
    From work to home life, actually get quite Moody if I'm bored haha
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I follow plans then I just get bored of it so I try something different. Don't no if the heat that's putting me off.

Maybe a martial art or boxing would be better suited?
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options

Already Do Krav Maga. I used to love the gym just want to get back into it
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Already Do Krav Maga. I used to love the gym just want to get back into it

I guess you just force yourself, then. I started with Stronglifts - loved it. Moved on to Wendler's 5/3/1, which many people love, but I HATED it. So, I switched to Layne Norton's PH3 and loved it. Maybe it's just the program...
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I would try and find exercises that you like and pick the ones from different programs that you like and learn to make your own program of things that you like.

It might take some reading and learning, but you can learn to create your own periodized program.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    I would try and find exercises that you like and pick the ones from different programs that you like and learn to make your own program of things that you like.

It might take some reading and learning, but you can learn to create your own periodized program.

I used to love doing cleans and deadlifts squats pull ups etc etc.
    just fully recovered from L5/s1 surgery so I'm abit iffy about it.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    My gum rolls out new classes every so often, plus I take classes with different teachers. I'm never bored.

I spin three times a week for example, but sometimes it's a competitive spin with games called The Pursuit, sometimes it's Cycle Beats where we spin to music, and sometimes it's sprinting and hills.

Ditto with weights - it's always different.

• Movemoreguy22
    Options
    My gum rolls out new classes every so often, plus I take classes with different teachers. I'm never bored.

I spin three times a week for example, but sometimes it's a competitive spin with games called The Pursuit, sometimes it's Cycle Beats where we spin to music, and sometimes it's sprinting and hills.

Ditto with weights - it's always different.
    Maybe I should start looking into classes.
    But I'm not really into cardio. See a lot of cardio In them classes

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me until I discovered goal-setting. Sounds obvious but i used to just work out to get it done. The idea of setting goals for lifting just felt like too much pressure. But now i love to lift because when I smash another weightlifting goal I'm like SUCK IT DUMBBELLS I OWNN YOU except without the crazy. :relieved:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    What are your goals?

You no what I don't actually no, would like to gain some size as I'm a small fella.
    So answer is gain some size..
    I no compound movements just need to drive myself. Maybe listen to heavy metal I hate it but might kick my *kitten* into gear
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

You no what I don't actually no, would like to gain some size as I'm a small fella.
    So answer is gain some size..
    I no compound movements just need to drive myself. Maybe listen to heavy metal I hate it but might kick my *kitten* into gear

Eat all the food, and get lifting then...

Everyone gets bored of training at some point, but eyes on the prize, you've got to do it if you want to hit your goals...
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Change of scenery? Join a new gym maybe?
    We all get bored. My main source of fitness comes from something I've done my whole life and I love but every winter I hate it and I want to give it up forever so I change scenery and move outside and remember why I love it.

Maybe a new routine? Learning something new is fun. Or perhaps some new music. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,960 Member
    Options
    Go cycling, hiking, canoeing, swimming ...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for crossfit. Your goal so far is to get bigger. Sort of.

If you are easily bored you might need a bigger more specific goal. Like prepping for a crossfit event, tough mudder, or mountain climb.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I second the vote for crossfit. Your goal so far is to get bigger. Sort of.

If you are easily bored you might need a bigger more specific goal. Like prepping for a crossfit event, tough mudder, or mountain climb.

I actually was looking into a mud run and mountain climb.... was thinking about going to a park and throwing myself around the monkey bars and stuff.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I agree that goals might help. Or if you found a buddy that might bring out your competitiveness.
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Distract yourself during it. I listen to podcasts while I work out :) keeps it interesting. If I were to work out in silence or to music I've already been listening to every workout that month, I'd die of boredom
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    I agree that goals might help. Or if you found a buddy that might bring out your competitiveness.

My mates are boring. There more into getting hammered and playing fruit machines.