Need to reduce body fat...

Options
Hi Team,

I need some help...

6 weeks ago my body fat was 30 % and having checked this week not change. I feel like I'm doing everything right but clearly I'm not!

Please can those who have reduced their body fat offer any tips, rules and things in general that should be avoided.

Replies

• sander312
    sander312 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well there's two ways of attack on it. Either the standard caloric defecit, or the longer work around of gaining more muscle mass. Which will in turn burn more fat over time.
    Personally when I hit the bottom of a cut I still don't look my best until I spend some time putting more mass on.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + time + consistency.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + time + consistency.

Yeah, this is it pretty much.

Of course you might want to check your measurements again. The more measurements the better IMO. You using a measuring tape or a BF scale or what?
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your body fat%?
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Yes, how? If that's your current self in the avatar, 30% seems wrong.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your profile picture and 30% BF don't appear to match.
  • bigizzy
    bigizzy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    CJ_Holmes wrote: »

I I had a personnel trainer who used scales attached to some bars you hold and after 6 weeks of training (last week), he told me my measurements had not changed.

How do you measure your body fat as at the moment I don't have anyway to measure this myself ?
  • bigizzy
    edited July 2017
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Your profile picture and 30% BF don't appear to match.

See comment above.Thanks.
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bigizzy wrote: »

I I had a personnel trainer who used scales attached to some bars you hold and after 6 weeks of training (last week), he told me my measurements had not changed.

How do you measure your body fat as at the moment I don't have anyway to measure this myself ?

Is it something like these?

http://www.scalesgalore.com/Rice-Lake-X-Contact-Body-Composition-Analyzers.cfm
  • PPumpItUp
    edited July 2017
    Options
    In your avatar pic you look to be sub 20%.
    I am right under 20% and you look a little thinner than I am.
    aezb4p647pxi.jpg

• Rusty740
    edited July 2017
    Options
    PPumpItUp wrote: »

Yeah I'd go with 18-22% ish (possibly less), everybody's different and we don't know if you're sucking in ;) lol and we can't see your legs or face. Face is a good indicator when you get sub 15%.
  • PPumpItUp
    Options
    Most guys do not carry much fat on their legs and thighs so I doubt that is it, but it might. A dude I know is taking estrogen and he has a big butt and thighs now.
  • bigizzy
    Options

Is it something like these?

http://www.scalesgalore.com/Rice-Lake-X-Contact-Body-Composition-Analyzers.cfm

These are the ones he used...

https://www.sweatband.com/tanita-bc601-innerscan-segmental-body-composition-monitor.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2NvLBRAjEiwAF98GMQKvqS7XxD7XwCqwlHlh5jYheJxbJqBCdgGN4omZVfhSUkK9uVRyqRoClzcQAvD_BwE
  • PPumpItUp
    Options
    Yeah, that is not very accurate. Are you carrying a lot of fat on your thighs and butt? Your forearm and hands look slim. Post up a whole body pic.
  • bigizzy
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »

Yeah I'd go with 18-22% ish (possibly less), everybody's different and we don't know if you're sucking in ;) lol and we can't see your legs or face. Face is a good indicator when you get sub 15%.

I'm 5ft6 and 68kg.

In the past (2009 - 2012) my weight fluctuated as I did those fad diets and dropped 3 stone (2-4 pounds a week). I think i may have lost a lot of muscle and as a result have a high body fat. I'm taking the advice above (calories deficit, training with weights and cardio and doing what I can to be consistent). I'm frustrated at the moment. Thanks.
  • bigizzy
    Options
    Yeah, that is not very accurate. Are you carrying a lot of fat on your thighs and butt? Your forearm and hands look slim. Post up a whole body pic.

See comment above. I took my first photo yesterday and I'm not comfortable posing that at the moment. Thanks. How do you measure tour body fat or do you go by eye/images?
  • Rusty740
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »

I'm 5ft6 and 68kg.

In the past (2009 - 2012) my weight fluctuated as I did those fad diets and dropped 3 stone (2-4 pounds a week). I think i may have lost a lot of muscle and as a result have a high body fat. I'm taking the advice above (calories deficit, training with weights and cardio and doing what I can to be consistent). I'm frustrated at the moment. Thanks.

I've got your stats, except I'm 40. At 5'6" 65 kgs I'm sitting at around 14-15% on a bulk. When I was losing weight, I was probably at 15-16% at 65 kgs. I'd say at 68 you'll be less than 20% give or take. I'm gonna go with 18%.
  • PPumpItUp
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The bioelectrical impedance machine at Complete Nutrition has me 19.78% and it is almost as accurate as a Dexa scan, so I could be up to 21%. I have pretty much no fat on my legs and glutes and I have pubertal gyno that never went away which throws it off as well.

I am pretty sure this is the model they use.
    https://www.inbodyusa.com/pages/inbody570#testimonials