Need to reduce body fat...

Options
13»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    lol. That picture doesn't show anything between 15-20% for women. You're either slightly soft or SHREDDED. j/k

I wish I knew what I was. I'd love to be 18. Sometimes I think I'm 20 and sometimes I swear I'm 25%
  • SimplyDe1967
    SimplyDe1967 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bigizzy wrote: »
    PPumpItUp wrote: »
    Yeah, that is not very accurate. Are you carrying a lot of fat on your thighs and butt? Your forearm and hands look slim. Post up a whole body pic.

See comment above. I took my first photo yesterday and I'm not comfortable posing that at the moment. Thanks. How do you measure tour body fat or do you go by eye/images?

Wow, you are 150-lbs at 5'6"; this is my 'goal'!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter if the home scale is inaccurate so long as it is consistent. It is more important that you know if your BF is going up or down, than it is to know exactly what your BF is. Do as much research as you can to come to the best estimate you think is correct by not using the scale. Tape measure calculations, photos, descriptions of the stages of vascularity, and calipers if you want. You'll be able to get close enough with some reasonable judgments. Grab a medium cost scale. I got mine from a Superstore.

Then hop on the scale. If you guess you're 18% and the scale says 15.5%, just add 2.5% to every scale measurement. This way you'll be able to tell if your body fat is going up or down (which is the most important thing) and you'll be able to have a good estimate of what it actually is.

yeah, the issue with these is that they aren't consistent. Just like with calipers if someone can do it consistently it doesn't really matter how "accurate" it is as you can track trends over time. BIA can vary pretty significantly over the course of a day.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter if the home scale is inaccurate so long as it is consistent. It is more important that you know if your BF is going up or down, than it is to know exactly what your BF is. Do as much research as you can to come to the best estimate you think is correct by not using the scale. Tape measure calculations, photos, descriptions of the stages of vascularity, and calipers if you want. You'll be able to get close enough with some reasonable judgments. Grab a medium cost scale. I got mine from a Superstore.

Then hop on the scale. If you guess you're 18% and the scale says 15.5%, just add 2.5% to every scale measurement. This way you'll be able to tell if your body fat is going up or down (which is the most important thing) and you'll be able to have a good estimate of what it actually is.

yeah, the issue with these is that they aren't consistent. Just like with calipers if someone can do it consistently it doesn't really matter how "accurate" it is as you can track trends over time. BIA can vary pretty significantly over the course of a day.

Maybe I got lucky with mine. I don't trust it to deliver my real BF, but I measure first thing in the AM and put the results in MS Excel and trend them. Using the information this way has been very effective.