1 month

Options
Normally when I hit 1 month I give up. I get sick of dieting and working out if I have even made it to 1 month. Today makes 1 month. I have lost just under 8 pounds and 4 inches off my hips and waist combine. That is a good feeling! Things I have notice about my month long journey is that if I wait three days almost all cravings go away, if I sit at work all day then I am more likely to sit at night, it is easier to just pack a lunch then to find something semi healthy on a fast food menu, and I have an awesome support group I just need to ask for help. I focused mostly on my diet at the this pass month. At first I cut out all sugars and starchy carbs, I knew they would be my down fall, towards the end of the month (also my time of the month) I brought back carbs and some sugars but have worked on moderation. My goals for this next month is to work my run from a 3.8 miles per hour on the treadmill at a 6 incline to a 4.4 mile at a 7 incline, to start doing yoga to work on my flexibility, and to get my weekly step goal to 70,000 right now I am at 62,825.

Have a wonderful week!

Replies

• rweeden357
    rweeden357 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I typically hit the 1 month slump too - I love that you have new goals for yourself, that's gotta keep you motivated!!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Be patient and do not give up.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I also hit one month a few days ago. We can do it!
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1 more month down. I am 18 pounds down, woot woot! Another 3 inches gone. This past week I was sick for 2 days and got my lowest weight. I have been up a little this pass week but I had a lot of sodium and carbs over the weekend. (This causes me to retain water big time.) I also hadn't been drinking my green tea, which helps with the bloating for me and keeps me regular. I am going to be back on that today. I did start a 12 week weight lifting program to follow. I have been doing more cardio outside so I am not sure where I am on that goal. I am up over 70,000 steps for the week. This past week I have been off because two days I only made it to 2,500 steps (walking to the bathroom). I am hoping to see 20 pounds by my birthday in 2 weeks. It is also our annul Halloween party. I have already start making precautions for the food. I don't like coconut so I plan on adding that to some of the desserts I am makes. With the holidays coming up I plan on taking it day by day and hope that when the new year is here that I have lost almost 14 pounds to see the 199 on the scale.

Have a wonderful month!

Thank you for all the support. How has your last month been?
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great job. Stay motivated. I'm almost to my one month mark also, and going for my 10th lb. I've also lost inches as well. Good feeling isn't it? I must say it hasn't been that hard for me. I'm not hungry and eating well. I don't exercise much, but feel good when I do. Logging is once again becoming a way of life (this is not my first time around). I haven't eaten much sugar in years, and although I'm not on a low-carb diet I find I still log under my allotment of carbs and over on fats. Seems to be working. I've started eating no-sugar snacks like pudding, Jello, or ice cream when I'm craving something sweet. I use Stevia to sweeten other things.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great on the 1 month and 10 lb loss! I find the inches to be more exciting than the pounds, maybe because I can see the difference more when I compare inches to pounds. This is the first time I have stuck with it this long. Stay strong we will show this food who is in charge. (I am not fond of sugar substitutes, I find them to have a bitter after taste) If I stay under my carbs and sodium I feel so much better. Can not wait to be out the 200s. 14 pounds I got this!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Spectacular job! Congratulations!