Intermittent fasting plane

Options
Hay fighters ;) anyone interested in doing a
30 day challenge? I'm going to start an Intermittent Fasting program tomorrow and do at least 4 weeks to see if I like the results. #intermittent_fasting

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What results do you expect to see? Are you going to change up your diet/exercise, or just your meal schedule? Which protocol are you going for?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There's a challenges forum for challenges....

What results you expect to see from 28 - 30 days eating in an unspecified IF eating pattern is anyone's guess!
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I already don't eat between 8pm and 8am because of advice from my Dr, so I am already into a 512 day challenge lol.
  • injielghandour2322
    Options
    What results do you expect to see? Are you going to change up your diet/exercise, or just your meal schedule? Which protocol are you going for?

I'll stop eating any calories just water, tea, coffee for 16 hours and eat all my calories for 8 hours, but sure it should fit my Macros and calories with high-insanity interval training short duration I expect to loss fat faster, I see a lot of success stories with this diet
  • injielghandour2322
    Options

I'll stop eating any calories just water, tea, coffee for 16 hours and eat all my calories for 8 hours, but sure it should fit my Macros and calories with high-insanity interval training short duration I expect to loss fat faster, I see a lot of success stories with this diet
    It's good that you'll be sticking to your calories and macros. But you won't lose fat faster. You can see a lot of success stories for anything, if you look for it.

It's true
  • injielghandour2322
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

What results you expect to see from 28 - 30 days eating in an unspecified IF eating pattern is anyone's guess!

It's famous diet there is a book names "eat stop eat" , for me today is my first day it's not too hard to me, do you think it's usefulness
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

It's famous diet there is a book names "eat stop eat" , for me today is my first day it's not too hard to me, do you think it's usefulness

There's many, many version of IF not just Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat version and the Leangains 16:8 version (they are very different to each other). I've done two different IF eating patterns myself.
    And no it doesn't make weight loss faster if calories are kept the same over the course of time.

This is the maintaining weight forum not a weight loss or challenge forum.

(Hint - if you self report your own thread you can ask one of the moderators to move it for you, personally think you should consider deleting and rewriting but that's your choice.)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

It's good that you'll be sticking to your calories and macros. But you won't lose fat faster. You can see a lot of success stories for anything, if you look for it.

This^!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you want to eat on the "plane", take some snacks with you. If you want to fast on the "plane" you can do that. But flying is so stressful on your system, I think it's a good idea to support your body with food. Be sure to keep hydrated regardless. ;)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I already fast for about 16 hrs daily and have for years. But I do not count macros or want to lose weight (this is the maintaining weight forum) and I try to keep my insanity to a minimum.

Ordinarily this would be an easy challenge for me, but with the holidays I will likely go off plan a few days and even more likely not log on to MFP often, so I guess I'll pass.
  • injielghandour2322
    Options
    I have searched a lot about information to understand intermittent fasting. Mostly there should not be any snacks during fasting. Just coffee or tea in addition to water. Of course, this system sometimes makes me feel dizzy when practicing some light workout . But I will continue for to see the results. I lost about 6 pounds so far ;)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten 16:8.

It used to be called skipping breakfast.

I've never felt dizzy on it, not even running miles into double figures so I would see a Doctor about that.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I already don't eat between 8pm and 8am because of advice from my Dr, so I am already into a 512 day challenge lol.

Awesome.. try to add 4 hours and start your first meal 12pm but without sugar

No thank you. I need coffee, or people will not want to be around me lol
  • injielghandour2322
    Options

Awesome.. try to add 4 hours and start your first meal 12pm but without sugar

No thank you. I need coffee, or people will not want to be around me lol

Lol
  • injielghandour2322
    Options
    I've always eaten 16:8.

It used to be called skipping breakfast.

I've never felt dizzy on it, not even running miles into double figures so I would see a Doctor about that.

so Maybe I should see a Doctor
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have searched a lot about information to understand intermittent fasting. Mostly there should not be any snacks during fasting. Just coffee or tea in addition to water. Of course, this system sometimes makes me feel dizzy when practicing some light workout. But I will continue for to see the results. I lost about 6 pounds so far ;)
    You should seek more, but better, sources, and learn how to read them. First of all, define fasting? That is "Not eating, possibly not drinking". So there will be no snacks at all during fasting. If you feel dizzy, you're doing it wrong. If you have lost more weight than expected, you've eaten too little, and that would account for feeling dizzy. Meal timing does not make you feel dizzy. Don't continue things that damage your health.