Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Successes

I am trying to stay motivated to make healthy choices so I thought one way to do that would be to celebrate successes, big or small. I stayed under my calorie goal and resisted a big temptation today. What have you succeeded with?

Replies

• jessica91b17
    jessica91b17 Posts: 9 Member
    I went to one of my favorite restaurants today and didn't overeat. I saved half of the meal for lunch. (They give large portions)
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 404 Member
    edited November 2017
    No late night binge last night!!!
    And so far today-
    I am focused and confident.
    Listening to my body and learning to discern hunger from boredom! :*:(:D
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Ate under calorie goal and exercised today. Good job Jessica and theabsentmindednurse.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 284 Member
    Didn’t buy wine tonight
  • wendip84
    wendip84 Posts: 10 Member
    I resisted brownies and cake & icecream at a birthday party today. Also managed to stay under my calorie goal and drank 3 cups of green tea.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Stopped at two beers last night!
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    edited November 2017
    I resisted the urge to binge on chocolate cake during a birthday celebration at work. It was really hard cuz I love chocolate but I told myself I would have one slice and I'm happy for sticking to just one. It was delicious!
  • No late night binge-Again!!!!
    Three nights in a row B):)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I am trying to stay motivated to make healthy choices so I thought one way to do that would be to celebrate successes, big or small. I stayed under my calorie goal and resisted a big temptation today. What have you succeeded with?

There's a whole forum here dedicated to success stories. If you need motivation, it's a good place to read.
  • tuolon
    Good job everyone! My success today is I didn't go too much over my calorie limit of 1,200. It's a start. Lately, I have been way over my limit. So I am happy. Yay me! Yay everyone. Especially those fighting the temptation of cake and other goodies. Oh, my goodness. Again, yay to everyone!
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    My son came home from college so we went out for Mexican food. I ate within my calories. When we got home I still had 3000 steps to get for the day but it was cold and dark outside. So I changed and went to the gym and banged out 6000 steps! Who even am I???
  • Day/ No late binges again.
    The weight is coming off and the self control is back!
    1oxb5v8tsb6w.jpeg
  • tuolon
    At Thanksgiving dinner, I only had a bite of chocolate cake and pumpkin pie. Yay me!
  • tuolon
    I turned away a brownie today.