JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »

[ My work here served its purpose for many years, but I should have left long ago. If only I had not - so stubbornly - wanted to make/see that one last toxic employee retiree and get her bad influence away from good people. I feel good that I sheltered my staff, but bad that it was at my own expense. I just cannot and will not take the politics driven focus anymore (it's larger a school system but i am on the business side not an educator.) Bad decisions had been made and bad times are ahead - at least for a year or two -- its not all doom and gloom but I don't need the few positives this job offers anymore. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM is coming.

Oh my goodness, do I ever know how this feels! Tomorrow will be Week 7 at my new job, since I left what had become a toxic job for me, and I feel FREE! I feel happy. I feel a billion times less stress. Best move I ever made. I'm happy you are close to moving on... It's okay to put ourselves first somtimes! (((HUGS)))
    "2) Keep calm at work / do not stress over Fri. p.m. request from mgmt., who really has no idea of the work involved. If only they'd show an interest in even understanding! Not sure how they're going to react over my "defensive" email with facts & estimates. Ok, tirade over. I'll look for another job if it comes to that.

That is what used to make me craziest! Doesn't it seem that the people making the decisions have no idea what actually goes into meeting the deadlines or completing the projects? Grrrrrr. Used to really stress me out. Now I hear about what's going on, and I sit back and shake my head. (((HUGS)))
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Quick question...what is a NSV? I've seen it mentioned on here a couple times recently, but can figure out what it stands for.

Non-Scale Victory. There's an entire thread devoted to NSVs, and I love it. Great for inspiration.