I can’t stop binging!!!!!

Options
lovelife409
lovelife409 Posts: 31 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I feel so depressed right now I’ll tell myself mentally I’m going to start off the week or the month healthy but every single month in the middle of the week I’ll keep binging for two days straight. For example Tuesday Wednesday I would eat a healthy breakfast but at the end of dinner Id have Kraft macaroni and cheese with extra cheese also a big bowl of cereal mozzarella cheese peanut butter sandwich cream cheese with more bread anything I can get my hands on! I would just go crazy like a maniac! I’d binge on 10k calories in two days!!! I know this can’t be normal but I feel this whole year of working hard for my body has went down the drain in a month I see my skin is looser (if that makes sense) and I don’t want to offend anybody and yes I know I’m not fat, at the moment I’m 5’5 128 pounds. I’m literally crying as I type this I feel I have a eating disorder like me and food just don’t get along, my food would be so clean and my food looks beautiful that I prepared with greens and protein and then eventually I’ll binge two days in a row. I’m a stay at home mom and my daughter drains all of my energy I lift weights at home just with my 50 pound dumbbells and I do cardio once a week. I want to look like the supermodels I see on Instagram I know they said that a lot of them are photoshop or whatever but I just feel lonely and I want a companion and lots of guys go based on what you look like on the outer yes I’m doing for myself as well but it’ll be great to have someone. Please what can I do to stop this binging before gets out of hand and I gain a massive amount of weight. Top picture is last month bottom pic is literally right now.

Replies

• fruitpoison
    fruitpoison Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you might have some type of disordered eating. I use to be a binge eater. I found increasing my calories per day help dramatically. I try to eat my biggest meAl in the morning 1000 calories. However I can do this because I am a raw vegan. Maybe talk to a doctor gp or psychologist to get the root of the problem. Best wishes
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Therapist who specializes in eating disorders. You know that binging isn't normal. Get help *now* before it becomes your new normal and you can't break out of it.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Binging can be a disorder, however it can also be caused by being too restrictive. If you're 128 lbs and 5'5" tall then you're right smack in the normal BMI range. It certainly looks like you work out a lot. If you're eating less calories than your body is burning with your exercise factored in, then that's where the excess hunger is coming from. When you get extra hungry and eat fast it takes time for your body to feel the 'full' effect so by the time you feel full you've over eaten. Try eating slower. Also, re-calculate your TDEE with your current exercise regimen factored in and be honest with the calculators you use. I use IIFYM.com and it's been pretty accurate for me. Supermodels are too skinny most of the time, and from what I see in your pictures you already look better than they do since most don't even have any muscle to speak of. If you continue to have problems you may want to consult a doctor, but I think maybe you need to just adjust your calories to compensate for the exercise you're doing.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I recommend you find a therapist to help you work through this concern. Remember two days will not undo your hard work (based off your pics and stats you are within a healthy range).
  • Moondoggie9155
    Moondoggie9155 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. Know how desperate and lost and out of control it can feel. I suggest getting a good therapist. Look into addiction counseling. Have some blood work done on your thyroid/hormones etc. (mine binge eating started when my thyroid started to fail in perimenopause) it was the opening of pandoras box. And just don't stop giving up. There is hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel and there is healing
  • ggion_xo
    ggion_xo Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You say "beautiful food that i prepared with greens and protein", are you restricting carbs? That is the worst thing you can do. It's definitely making your depression worse, and it's the reason why your body is making you lose control to binge on bread and pasta.

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE, you need to make sure there are enough carbs in your meals. They will not make you gain weight as long as you stay within the macro and calorie goals.

*edit I suggest pasta made with chickpea or lentil flour. They are healthy and really filling because you have a portion of carbs and also protein. :)