Average Bicep size?

Options

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ugh. You ladies are making me feel fat. 10?? I've never had a 10 inch arm in my life.
  • bbell1985
    Options

I don't know. I miss my 11 inch arms. They were pretty. I feel like a tank now. Thank you though :):)
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Ugh. You ladies are making me feel fat. 10?? I've never had a 10 inch arm in my life.

Umm... because you have more MUSCLE! Your arms are incredible.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Just like some women have never had (or will ever have) a thigh gap. Or many guys who'll never have 18" arms or a bicep peak. Or some people (male or female) who'll never have diamond-shaped calves. Genetics.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Just like some women have never had (or will ever have) a thigh gap. Or many guys who'll never have 18" arms or a bicep peak. Or some people (male or female) who'll never have diamond-shaped calves. Genetics.

Well I have huge everything, except boobs. So I got the *kitten* end of the stick. Even my feet are big.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

You are all making me feel tiny and wimpy! :'(
  • bbell1985
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Answer me honestly. Do you want to be big? You MUST enjoy being and staying lean, even with the amount of food you get to eat. Being fluffy and working hard not to be fat, sucks.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I'm short, only 5'2" and I don't have a large frame. I think you look AMAZING.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have to work not to be fat, I just never held fat in my arms or in any of my upper body. I'm a pear shape with lil A cups.
  • sardelsa
    Options

Answer me honestly. Do you want to be big? You MUST enjoy being and staying lean, even with the amount of food you get to eat. Being fluffy and working hard not to be fat, sucks.

I want to be more muscular, yes. This is why me bulks. Do I want to be huge, no, am I going to get huge, no. Do I think you are huge, no way. You look amazing, but I could never look like you even if I spent at least a decade bulking, just the way my body composition and distribution is. Even when I am at my heaviest from pregnancy about to give birth, my arms stay the same, it's like fat doesn't hang out there. When I gain fat/weight it goes all to my lower body and love handles.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I have to work not to be fat, I just never held fat in my arms or in any of my upper body. I'm a pear shape with lil A cups.

I'm also a pear.
  • bbell1985
    Options

I want to be more muscular, yes. This is why me bulks. Do I want to be huge, no, am I going to get huge, no. Do I think you are huge, no way. You look amazing, but I could never look like you even if I spent at least a decade bulking, just the way my body composition and distribution is. Even when I am at my heaviest from pregnancy about to give birth, my arms stay the same, it's like fat doesn't hang out there. When I gain fat/weight it goes all to my lower body and love handles.

But you're bulking...do you do much direct arm work?
  • sardelsa
    edited March 2018
    Options

Whatever is written in my program (3x per week) plus an extra upper day. It is not a focus though because my lower body is. I don't dislike my upper body, yes it could be bigger but it isn't like I look in the mirror and get sad about it

Unless you mean direct isolation work, bicep curls? No
  • bbell1985
    Options

Whatever is written in my program (3x per week) plus an extra upper day. It is not a focus though because my lower body is. I don't dislike my upper body, yes it could be bigger but it isn't like I look in the mirror and get sad about it

Unless you mean direct isolation work, bicep curls? No

Yeah, that's what I meant. Then you must be happy having slim arms. I get it.

Mine grew when I was doing a ton of bro isolation work while injured. I don't LOVE them but it's also become addictive. Like..I'm afraid not to do all my bicep work and I love the pump too. Who am I?
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I do a *kitten* ton of isolation arm work and mine are still wimpy :s
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I do a *kitten* ton of isolation arm work and mine are still wimpy :s

What do you do?

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I do two upper body days a week, which includes four different curl variations. My tris are actually pretty good, just my biceps are lacking.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    Options
    I do isolation work. My arms are small but when I flex I have a nice bump. Before I started lifting my arms stayed flat when I flexed.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I do isolation work. My arms are small but when I flex I have a nice bump. Before I started lifting my arms stayed flat when I flexed.

Aww that's awesome!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I do two upper body days a week, which includes four different curl variations. My tris are actually pretty good, just my biceps are lacking.

Yeah I do the same