Cool Sweet Treat

Options
Hi all,

If you are looking for an easy refreshing snack without a lot of calories, try an old favorite...Knox Blocks. I hadn't made them in a while & made a pan yesterday. My husband told me that I should make a pan everyday. They are great for adults and kids alike and if made with sugarfree jello, there are hardly any calories. A good quick snack when you just feel like something sweet.

Here is the recipe I use:

KNOX BLOCKS
ingredients:
4 pkgs clear Knox gelatin
3 small pkgs. flavored jello
4 cups boiling water
1 cup cold water

Preparation:
Dissolve Know gelatin in cold water. Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Mix together, pour into 9 X 13 pan. Refrigerate. Cut into squares or shapes.
Enjoy!!!

Replies

• AndrewCols
    AndrewCols Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the fat free Jello pudding.. 100 calories, very very good.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I like Motts Fruitsations Unsweetened applesauce (or blueberry, peach, wildberry, etc). Only 50 Calories, no fat. . .
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was at walmart the other day and was going to buy some sugar-free pudding (Jello brand) and noticed that some other stuff was "made with no sugar" had less carbs than the sugar free stuff. The sugar free pudding had 15 grams of carbs and the other had 8 grams. I went with the stuff with 8 grams. Why does the sugar-free stuff have more carbs? Strange!!!!!
  • jaythehawk77
    Options
    Try the sugar-free Popsicles. They're very good.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sorbet is good and hardly any calories!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have a box of Outshine fruit and veggie popcicles, 60 calories and pretty yummy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you need the Knox unflavored gelatin if you are mixing with Jello.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    AndrewCols wrote: »
    I like the fat free Jello pudding.. 100 calories, very very good.

Me too! I add extra cocoa powder to either the chocolate or cheesecake flavors to give a dark chocolate or chcolate cheesecake taste.