Desperate cry for help!

Options
Hello MyFitnessPal Community!

I need some help. Sadly, I have completely lost all my motivation. I have already done quite well for myself, losing 20 out of the 70 pounds that I had hoped to lose. Sadly, I have gained a couple back (a couple honestly not being many at all.. 4 maybe?) but I need motivation... BADLY. I know I can do this, and I know I want to do this, but I can't seem to push myself to do it again. I know when I was losing lots of weight, I was really up and motivated, but then once you hit somewhat of a plateau, it's so hard to stay on that level. It's been a while since I've been motivated and I need your help. Anybody have some success stories that I can see (with photos as well maybe?) to motivate me! Please request me as a friend! Anything will help me. t I need to get back into EXERCISE. That's where I need my motivation. I'm a 20 year old girl, 4'9" who previously weighed 171 pounds, now at 150, looking to lose 50 more.

I'm open to anyone's motivation! Thank you so much for reading my story :) I appreciate your support.

Replies

• JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have read this on many threads, but if you are having trouble with the scale moving just remember that it is just a number. You should be measuring yourself and taking progress pictures as they help you see how much more you are changing when the scale doesn't show it.
    I hope you find the motivation you are looking for to continue your journey.
  • jmb2805
    jmb2805 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I would be so happy if I lost 20 pounds right now (I am only on day 3). One of the things I'm doing to keep my motivation up is a paper chain - remember like we used to make in grade school? I got some pretty scrapbook paper and made a chain of 40 links. Each day I remove one. It keeps me motivated because on Day 40 we are going on vacation. If you have something coming up that you're looking forward to, it might be a fun way to keep you on track until then, and then make another one.

Also, a good book I recommend is "The Eden Diet" available online - it is not a diet, but helps keep you motivated and is very inspirational.

Pray that God would help you each day.

Also, if you can reward yourself with $1 each time you exercise, then put it in a jar and get a massage or something when you've made enough money. I hope some of these tips help; I'm just beginning but they're what I'm doing to stay motivated this time :)
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't have to be like "work". Pick some things you like to do, whether it's swimming or biking or strolling along a beach and then just enjoy yourself by doing them. Any sort of extra movement is good. Jump rope or play with a hoola hoop. Find your inner child (should be pretty easy at your age :>). I don't exercise much at all (well, I did start doing a few girlie pushups to deal with triceps sloppiness), but I ride my horse, move bales of hay, beat on hot steel and play with a rapier sword on a fairly regular basis.