What do you do with your phone?

Options
I use my phone for music when I exercise. I also need to keep it near in case of emergencies at my kids' schools. I use the camera to scan the QR codes at the end of my runs etc at the gym for tracking.

I need some sort of carrier system, preferably one that doesn't attach to my arm and gives me easy access to my back camera. I have a motorola something or other, it's slightly smaller then my former Nexus 4.

What do you use?

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use an arm carrier for my iPhone and while slightly annoying it does the job. On long runs I sometimes use a waist bag (bum bags we call them in the UK).
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just got a Galaxy Note 3. I use it for music and logging when I exercise. I generally just toss it in my pocket. It's big, but I mean it doesn't throw me off balance or anything :D
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Just don't put it in your bra! I've killed a phone that way. I can only assume I waterlogged it with sweat or something!
  • Krista40in14
    Krista40in14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Spi belt. I've had the same one for over a year and it still looks and functions as it did when brand new. I use it for running and elliptical 4 to 5 times a week for 60 to 120 minutes.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you're on the treadmill at the gym could you not just put it in the holder on the machine? That way it won't get in your way whilst you're exercising
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I just carry mine. I set it down during sets, pick it up to log my weight/reps, then set it back down. If I walk off from the bench/squat rack, I carry my phone with me. When I run, I put it in a spi belt, my camelbak backpack, or set it on the treadmill (depends on where I'm running and distance I'm covering).
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I use a running buddy, it attaches at the waist of my pants with magnets. You can get them through amazon, or directly through running buddy
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just don't put it in your bra! I've killed a phone that way. I can only assume I waterlogged it with sweat or something!

I tried the belt thing and the sports bra was still the most convenient for me. I Put it in a small sammich bag now. The touch screen still works through the bag and its protected

That's just for running btw. For my fitness classes which is by far the bulk of my exercise, the phone stays in my purse which is thrown at the back or side of the class or something
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I need my phone too to track my miles and I listen to my thousands of mp3's as well. I didn't like the arm carrier or the belts I've tried.

I like my hands free so in the warmer weather I use a really small crossover body bag. It's big enough just to put my phone and keys in it. I can jog with it and it doesn't bounce around, it properly tracks my miles and it provides easy access to change my music.

Now that it's cooler most of the time I will just store it in my jacket pocket.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just shove it in my compression shorts.
  • dazwan
    dazwan Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a very small bum-bag (fanny pack?) just big enough to hold my phone (nexus4) and house keys, nothing much else. Its small enough that its not much more than a belt. A few running shops do belt things that will hold a water bottle as well as your keys & phone
  • trijojo_84
    Options
    I have it in my hands for shorter runs, in the back of my cycling jersey when I'm on the bike and in a freezer bag in my bra when I'm in the gym.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I use a treadmill at home, so no one is watching when I stash the whole thing in my bra. It's not as annoying as one would think, especially if you're particularly big up there.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I used to have the SPIbelt, It worked for a while till I started to get annoyed with all the bouncing. Within the past month I bought the FlipBelt, and I'm in love! Highly recommended. I holds a ton of items.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't use my phone, I use my Nano instead.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    lamps1303 wrote: »
    If you're on the treadmill at the gym could you not just put it in the holder on the machine? That way it won't get in your way whilst you're exercising

I see people do that once in a while.....until they hook their headphones with their hand/arm and send their phone flying off the back.
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i love my spibelt! I already store my insulin pump in my bra so its out of room :) I completely forget that my spibelt is on and you can't see it under my shirt. I bought mine on Amazon.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    jennxlynch wrote: »
    I use my phone for music when I exercise.

What do you use?

Right now when I run outside or on the treadmill I just hold my phone in my hand with the headphone cables running under my shirt.

When I lift weights I put the phone in my pocket.

When I get a new phone I will get an armband to put the phone in when I run.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I use an arm band or shove it in what I call my "butt pocket" in my compression pants. I will sometimes put it in my shorts/pants pocket or just carry it in my hand.
  • __Bad_Leroy
    __Bad_Leroy Posts: 242
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4s and use it for HR (via bluetooth HRM) and GPS with run tracking app. I have a armband that must have been designed for women with small arms and I strap it to my wrist (great to see pace, run stats, etc.). This setup works so well, it's preventing me from upgrading to a bigger screen, which I would like for other purposes.