Diet sabotage?

Options
2»

Replies

• mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say something to her. That's not cool at all and it sounds like she needs some therapy to help her with her own issues(Legitimately. Not being sassy.)

You do you and keep rockin' it and use that frustration productively! :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The Asian pizza thing is odd but who knows, maybe she just changed her mind and decided to try something she's never had before? Maybe she just made a fuss before because she knew you liked it and didn't want to take your food? If you want to know why she ordered it, ask her. None of us can tell you why she did it.

I agree that the other things may just be you being oversensitive. While her initial comment was obviously strange, it doesn't mean that everything she does regarding food is a way to hold you down. So what if she ordered that dish and took out the mushrooms - that's her choice. While I don't think it was rude of you to share the cupcakes (once they're in your possession, you can do whatever you want with them), maybe next time just be honest and refuse them or if you take them, tell her you'll give them to your Mom or bring them to work to share. Maybe she'd rather give them to someone else if she knows you're not going to be eating them?

It sounds to me like for some reason you can't be totally honest with your friend (because you're afraid to hurt her feelings or something) and it's time for that to change. Big lifestyle changes can affect relationships of any kind but it can help a lot to keep communication open and honest on both sides so you're not overthinking things.

Best of luck!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah she seems to be trying to sabotage you, but really, you can lose weight and eat more than veggies. It's not her fault you're totally depriving yourself either.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't have friends. Too much work. Not worth the drama.
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is bigger like me and I can totally relate to you. The only suggest I can give you is not to tell her your plan... I learned this with my friend. The cup cake thing for me would have rocked. I would have told her I ate them all, I had one and then they were gone! Am I Lying... YEP, is she sabotaging me... YEP, its a win for me and a fake win for her... Oh man I can see her devil smile now.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't have friends. Too much work. Not worth the drama.
    laughs!

OP, you need to have a talk with your friend. If she is truly your friend, she will remain so, if not kick her *kitten* to the curb!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Ignore her attempts. With such people I usually just pretend what happened didn't happen and move on. Or better, bank for that pizza/cupcake/mushroom pasta. Eat the whole thing until she has this evil satisfaction grin on her face, and you have this "I just had a food I love" grin on yours, and then keep her wondering why you're still losing weight and looking better every single day while falling for every single one of her "evil plans of sabotage". :innocent:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    kimpoe81 wrote: »
    We have been friends for over a decade so not being her freind isn't an option. I'm just going to have a serious talk with her and hopes she sees that what she is doing is hurtful and hopefully she will see that and change. I'm hoping she's just blind to what she is really doing and I can enlighten her.

what does the length of your friendship have to do with anything? i ended a 20+ year friendship. if you are being mistreated, and you say something and it isn't corrected, move on. life is too short.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    kimpoe81 wrote: »
    We have been friends for over a decade so not being her freind isn't an option. I'm just going to have a serious talk with her and hopes she sees that what she is doing is hurtful and hopefully she will see that and change. I'm hoping she's just blind to what she is really doing and I can enlighten her.

what does the length of your friendship have to do with anything? i ended a 20+ year friendship. if you are being mistreated, and you say something and it isn't corrected, move on. life is too short.

I'm really baffled at the number of people on here who just suggest ending all kinds of relationships with a snap of a finger. Being a jealous friend (and admitting it) is not a deal breaker (unless it is a big deal for OP). It's a personality defect. Custom built friends do not exist. We all have our kinks.