SW (1st august) - 101.9kg
8th august - 99.9kg
15th august - 99kg
22nd august - 97.4kg
29th august - 96.8kg
5th september - 96.3kg
16th september - 95.6kg
26th september - 94.5kg

then on the 27th september when i woke up I "felt thinner" so weighed in again and I was down to 93.8kg

all of this ^^^^ going great, heading in the right direction at a nice pace. but since then I have not lost ANYTHING, infact the scales have been going up and down (between 93.8kg and as high as 95.5kg :o )

tape measure shows a loss of 1 inch from each thigh since the start but nowhere else is measuring a loss.
I have had a couple of people comment that iv lost weight and they can really tell (i cant see it myself)

so I guess my question is "how long before the scales catch up and show a loss in weight to go with the fact people say they can see a difference??"

I know the scales dont always tell the whole story, but its nice to see the numbers going down, even more so when they were going down nicley and have now just stopped/been swaying up and down.

FYI: im female (incase ya cant tell from profile pic lol)
28 years old
5"4
I weigh and measure all food and drink
and go to the gym 4-5 times a week for usually 60-90mins each session. I do do mostly cardio atm but am working on getting more weights in to my routine

Replies

• nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    that's completely normal, weight loss is not linear, if you're in a calorie deficit you will be losing weight, a true stall is when it hasn't changed for 3 weeks or more
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    haha its not even been 2 weeks yet since i was down at the 93.8, think im just frustrated after seeing it going down its now not, its not made any better by the fact my husband weighs in everyday and tells me "my weight is down" every bloody time.

I did set a goal that i wouldnt weigh in again until 30th october so maybe i just need to stick to that, stay off the scales and just keep working out/making good food choices and see where im at by the end of the month......but this is proving hard even after putting the scales away
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Is it within 7-10 days of your TOM? If so, that'll do it as we retain more water. Also make sure you are within normal limits of sodium. If you recently woofed down alot of items that are pretty high in sodium, that might show some water weight. Make sure to double check any labels on MFP with your food labels, just in case they don't match too. Don't worry, it'll move... hang in there.

Karen
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So how much are you eating at what macros ? (closed diary)
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    I will open my diary, its lacking in fruit recently but I eat veggies every day.
    (I know making excuses already) Im awear my diet still needs alot of work but its alot better than how was eating before i started (nothing but coffee all day and then massive take away most nights for dinner)
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    also, only take completed days as my pre logged meals are not completely accurate, I add them so I know what im having but then edit weights as i make said meal so where its says 220g chicken breast at lunch today it might actually be 198g or 201g etc

i do try keep sodium low, and I never trust anything I have not put in myself after finding out so many are put in with the wrong cals/fat/sodium/protien etc
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So your goal is 1790 cals a day before exercise ? Sounds a bit high TBH as you're not that tall etc.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    no sorry, thats including exercise. i worked out TDEE on scooby then set MFP to that, so although I log exercise i dont eat back the calories, I changed to this method after reading loads on here so before I was going by the calories MFP set and eating back some exercise calories (not all)
  • Mokapally
    Mokapally Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same place - for 3+months I lost weight steadily (between 4-5 lbs/month). Then in early September, everything just... stopped. That wasn't fun.

I was stuck at 188 lbs. (Trying not to cringe at admitting that--but at least I am overweight and no longer obese!)

I was stuck, until late last week, when my weight suddenly dropped to 185 lbs. Since last Friday, my weight has been yo-yo'ing between 185 and 187 lbs. I can't figure out what's happening. My diet has been pretty consistent at 1380-1450 calories per day, I exercise for 30+ minutes (cardio) every day, strength train every other day (while "stuck," I finally developed enough strength to bench press 25 lbs-yay!), and also do a little yoga every day.

My personal (albeit highly unscientific theory) is that my body fat was just rearranging itself in the same way that cleaning is just rearranging the dirt.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If I were in your position I would wait another week or so before making any changes to intake or activity.