?

Options
I have never broke down my foods as detailed as this program. Why is it so important to calculate sodium? How do you control your sodium intake? When you're constantly on the go, what snacks are low in sodium and sugar?

Replies

• oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sodium is the hardest, but if you don't have any medical problems it doesn't effect weight loss except for water weight.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I dont think it is important to track sodium unless you have a specific reason for doing so (you have high blood pressure, for example)

Just pay attention to the features of MFP that are relevant to you - and ignore those that are not. :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    the options are available so that you can track whatever is important for you to track. I track sodium loosely, but honestly half the time I am way over and the other half way under. I don't think it affects me as much as I've thought it has in the past.
  • ksmitty1022
    ksmitty1022 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I was neglecting to eat my calories because I was so worried about my other numbers going over. I was SOOOO hungry last night because I was so far over my sodium that I just didn't eat anymore and I still had like 600 calories I was allowed to eat. I was so confused. My biggest thing is that I want to watch my calories and carbs.
    Thanks again!