Blood pressure sucess

Options
Since maintaining a food diary, I became aware that my potassium intake was quite low. Choosing to fix that I ate fruits and vegetables that were good sources of potassium. Low and behold, my blood pressure after 9 days of this is normal. 128/68

Replies

• dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • mhealy815
    mhealy815 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started here - mainly because of my HBP. Thanks for the tip! I'll start monitoring...
    - Mary
  • shawndimantha
    Options
    How are you doing now? Hope your blood pressure is still normal and under control! What other nutrients do you keep a close watch on other than potassium (e.g. sodium, sugar, etc.)
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    a few years ago while "dieting" I found out I was extremely low on potassium. I started to track it when I came to MFP, Found I was only getting 500 to 700mg a day. MFP has it set at 3500mg and if you google it, All the health sites say it should be 4700mgs. I now have between 3200 to 4700 a day. If my potassium is too low for the day, I fit in low sodium V8 juice. 8oz has 900 potassium. 50 calories and 140 sodium. (My Dr had put me on potassium pills when I had found out it was low, It was that low he did the prescription). Now good potassium and no more pills for it. YaY
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have an open food diary if you want to look. Mushrooms and tomato's also pack a good patassium punch
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When I lost significant weight I was able to go off my blood pressure pills. I had to prove so by taking regular blood pressure readings. I still track my BP weekly just in case.