Just had a baby and started INSANITY today!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section years ago and took ages to recover so 4 weeks, well done. I had a baby 5 months ago and started doing jillian micheal's 30 day shred after 3 weeks of giving birth. I am 3 weeks into insanity now and it's a killer. Lots of high kicks and big jumps, plus it wipes you out with a baby to look after! Well done on your keeness to start getting back to training but maybe you should start with some thing like jillian? It's half the time and a lot less high impact but with the same amount of sweat! :-) good luck :-) stay safe
  • queenjustine03
    queenjustine03 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm considering doing Insanity, but I'm a little nervous! I'm pretty out of shape and 50 pounds over weight. I'm scared I won't be able to do. But I guess, you do what you can, right? Anybody else have this issue? Or anybody else doing it and 50 pounds overweight as well? And out of shape?
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    I'm considering doing Insanity, but I'm a little nervous! I'm pretty out of shape and 50 pounds over weight. I'm scared I won't be able to do. But I guess, you do what you can, right? Anybody else have this issue? Or anybody else doing it and 50 pounds overweight as well? And out of shape?

If you're not already in fairly good shape, a workout as intense as Insanity probably isn't the best place to start. Instead, I would suggest that you talk to the local gyms to find out what kind of group exercise classes they'd suggest for someone that is overweight and just getting into exercise. Group exercise will give you the encouragement that comes from working out with other people, while Insanity is pretty much something people do on their own,

If you want to do Insanity later when you're in better shape, it will still be there.
  • cortney_weiss
    cortney_weiss Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Woah... people... OP hasn't said whether she's been cleared to exercise or not. And I've never heard of any doctor saying you can't lift anything heavier than a baby for 6 months! Usually 6 weeks recovery but it is possible in 4... I just gave OP the benefit of the doubt that she's been told it's okay.

Thanks! I actually did get the ok from my dr. Friday and I can lift 10+ pounds with weights. Obviously I can't do ab workouts yet, but I'm still pretty stoked. So thx for the encouragement from most of u (And discouragement from some....wutev ya'll, I'm workin out LOL!)

Who's with me?!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    No body was trying to be discouraging, just trying to make sure that you did not accidentally injure yourself by doing too much too soon after fairly major surgery.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    my partner and I had a baby 13 odd yrs ago and started insanity...oh wait you mean the DVD's :P
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    LOL! I read the title as you BOTH having a baby AND starting Insanity TODAY! :laugh: I was coming here to call you crazy!!!

Good luck, have fun and congrats on your baby! :smooched:
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Good job for having the courage to do Insanity, er to even think about doing Insanity. Oh yeah, congrats on the baby! I tried to do a a tuck jump about three weeks ago and it did something to my right thigh. My thunder thigh was throbbing for two days. I need to lose major weight to even try that again. I think I'll just stick to simple jumping off the ground instead of a tuck jump.
  • etmeum
    etmeum Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow, starting INSANITY already. I don't know much about this, but the name simply sounds insane. I am only slowly getting back to doing yoga now.
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Woah... people... OP hasn't said whether she's been cleared to exercise or not. And I've never heard of any doctor saying you can't lift anything heavier than a baby for 6 months! Usually 6 weeks recovery but it is possible in 4... I just gave OP the benefit of the doubt that she's been told it's okay.

Thanks! I actually did get the ok from my dr. Friday and I can lift 10+ pounds with weights. Obviously I can't do ab workouts yet, but I'm still pretty stoked. So thx for the encouragement from most of u (And discouragement from some....wutev ya'll, I'm workin out LOL!)

Who's with me?!

Just be careful i find Insanity is tough on the abs ... have you done it before ?
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It has been a month since I had the baby and I've been recovering from a C-section. Today was my first workout day and I feel FANTASTIC! Anyone else starting Insanity too?

I do it!! I am starting the last month today. You can find me in the beachbody gym under me****reger. I'm out here to help support. Congrats and lets get insanely fit.
  • janebshaw
    Options
    It has been a month since I had the baby and I've been recovering from a C-section. Today was my first workout day and I feel FANTASTIC! Anyone else starting Insanity too?

I do it!! I am starting the last month today. You can find me in the beachbody gym under me****reger. I'm out here to help support. Congrats and lets get insanely fit.

How can you recommend that someone that recently had a C-section do Insanity? Are you a medical doctor? Have you read her medical records before you made this recommendation?
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    No body was trying to be discouraging, just trying to make sure that you did not accidentally injure yourself by doing too much too soon after fairly major surgery.

^ My point exactly. Go you, but please be careful
  • getrealforme
    Options

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is a great workout to lose weight, ton, and build muscle. It is only 30 minutes a day, 90 day program. I would recommend this before you try Insanity.
  • cortney_weiss
    cortney_weiss Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes I have done Insanity, numerous times actually, for the past 3 years, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I have and actually I just started again on Monday, with 50lbs to lose. You can do it! Don't listen to people that tell you to start with something easier. You go at your own pace and don't give up! You will get amazing results
  • janebshaw
    Options

I have and actually I just started again on Monday, with 50lbs to lose. You can do it! Don't listen to people that tell you to start with something easier. You go at your own pace and don't give up! You will get amazing results

Even though it is possible to do Insanity at your own pace, I would not recommend something that intense and overwhelming to someone that is just getting back into exercising. If a program is less intense and looks more do-able, you are more likely to stick with it.