Discouraged

Options
I'm on day 4 of being sick, really weak and a bad cough- also, taking care of my 1 yr old who has the same thing. I've still been tracking my calories, but I feel so discouraged. I was gaining great momentum with my workouts and eating well. Now I'm not able to taste anything, and the only things that sound good are empty carbs. I'm on here for support and motivation to make sure I get back on track as soon as I'm feeling better. I want to see that scale move down!....so ready for this cough to go away...blah. Also, any tips on getting back into an exercise routine after sickness?

My stats

SW 236lbs 08/4/14
CW 211lbs

On week 4 of C25K! So sad to lose that momentum...

Replies

• kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are human! You will get sick and it will make you weak. I would suggest you start walking for about 15 to 30 minutes. If you feel OK after that, do a short circuit of squats, sit ups and push ups. Do that for a couple of days and as build up your energy, you can add more time to the walk or more reps to the circuit training. I hope you feel better soon!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations on losing over 20 pounds in a little over 2 months- that is great. Being sick just throws a huge wrench into whatever we're doing and trying to exercise and lose weight is extremely difficult in the middle of that. I would say, just be patient, this will pass. Try to get plenty of fluids and rest, continue to log. After you're feeling a bit better your energy will come back and you may have to back up a bit on your routine but just not back to the beginning. Good luck and feel better soon!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Lots of chicken soup is my cure-all. First get yourself healthy because you are not doing anyone nay good if you push yourself now. Start back slowly and NEVER exercise with a fever.
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and rest! Personally, I eat whatever my body wants when I'm sick but I don't get totally derailed. Just do what you can and get better.

I'm on week 4 of C25K, too! I'm addicted!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Rest when you're sick. your body needs it. Missing your workouts for a week shouldn't set you back at all.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    drink lots of fluid and up your vitamin C intake. Rest and don't over excert yourself. I had a horrible cough for a month and for the first two weeks felt like doing nothing.

It'll be a minor setback but don't let that discourage you. Get better then work on your weight.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Holy cats! You're doing great! Don't get discouraged! We all get sick! DO remind yourself you're amazing! ✔️ Start slow, don't dive back in full force. Always give yourself that extra day or two with <100% effort! It's grear your tracking calories still! Lots of water, vitamins and minerals, healthy balanced diet, and mostly REST! Good luck, remember... You're amazing!