Newbie introduction

Options
Hi everyone.

I just joined mfp on Monday. Looking around the forums I am so motivated after reading and seeing the photos of lots of other mfpers.

I am from Galway, Ireland. I am currently a stay home Mom.

I have about 100lbs to loose so the journey is going to be a long one. I previously lost lots of weight in my 20s but piled it on slowly over the past 10 years. I just got my bloods done in the drs when I went for a pre diet / exercise check up and thankfully all was clear. I feel so lucky not to have gotten diabetes / cholesterol or any other nasty thus far!!

I have lots of weight to loose - currently lost 11lbs in the last month. Hoping to keep up with that progress and look forward to a new slimmer me!

Looking forward to getting to know others in a similar situation. Hopefully we can keep the momentum up.

Replies

• bob108819
    bob108819 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! Congrats on the 11 lbs and keep up the good work!
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome to MFP. This is a great place for support! I have about 50-60 more lbs to lose before I am at a more comfortable weight. Congrats on the 11lbs. Keep up the great work. Feel free to add me for extra support! Good Luck!
  • lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard
  • JNJenkins79
    Options
    I am a newbie to just joined curves have to lose this weight
  • Cantaloupe321
    Cantaloupe321 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get the diabetes scare... runs heavily in my family. It's great to hear your taking charge of your health! Keep up the great attitude and it'll keep coming off!
  • corofinlass
    corofinlass Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Looking forward to chatting with ye more in the forums. x
  • KatGomez83
    Options
    hello all! im fairly new as well... I've been on MFP since around July but never really looked at the posts on here. I decided to lose weight for the umptienth, but Im actually motivated this time around and pray to god i stick to it this time.. So far since mid July Ive lost 20 lbs, but I still have another 50+ to go! and great job for the 11lbs youve already lost! you can add me as well on here for support! =) anyone can.
  • shyhandful7
    shyhandful7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I just joined mfp on Monday. Looking around the forums I am so motivated after reading and seeing the photos of lots of other mfpers.

I am from Galway, Ireland. I am currently a stay home Mom.

I have about 100lbs to loose so the journey is going to be a long one. I previously lost lots of weight in my 20s but piled it on slowly over the past 10 years. I just got my bloods done in the drs when I went for a pre diet / exercise check up and thankfully all was clear. I feel so lucky not to have gotten diabetes / cholesterol or any other nasty thus far!!

I have lots of weight to loose - currently lost 11lbs in the last month. Hoping to keep up with that progress and look forward to a new slimmer me!

Looking forward to getting to know others in a similar situation. Hopefully we can keep the momentum up.

• shyhandful7
    shyhandful7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    welcome...Feel free to add me
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm Shonnie and from South Florida (USA). It's so nice to meet you! Feel free to add me as a friend for support, motivation, for venting or just for fun! I'm here for ya!
  • annlee1227
    Options
    Hello....I just joined yesterday. Hoping to drop 10 lb right away then 20 lb more. If I can drop 4-6 pants sizes I will be sooooooooooooo happy.