Snack idea.... sounds easy but I am having trouble

Options
joannd825
joannd825 Posts: 6 Member
Hello, I am new to fitnesspal and I am really trying to get my weight under control. I am really struggling with snack idea. Well I am struggling with other ideas, like lunch too but snack is the hardest.

I have food allergies so when i search for things most of the stuff I can not eat is what people are saying to eat. I am allergic with peanuts, nuts, sesame seeds so i struggle finding good healthy snacks to eat, besides veggies or fruit. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!

Replies

• anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    can you have cheese?
    try two or three slices of turkey (deli meat) with a wedge of laughing cow cheese!
    or for something sweet, i like to have some special yogurt (current fave is lemon meringue by source) with some blueberries. you could even crumble up a graham cracker - then its like pie!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Take a serving of your favorite chips, top with 1 oz finely shredded 2 % cheese. microwave until melted. for about 200 calories you have nachos! I like to make guacamole and dip carrots and or celery in it.
  • joannd825
    Options
    Yes I can have cheese (thank god lol) it might be a weakness of mine lol.
    Thanks for those ideas
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I eat dip with carrot "chips" they are just sliced carrots. You can get them at the store already sliced, I make my own. I love mine with shoe cream dip or guac.

I also love yogurt parfaits. Fruit, yogurt, a crushed cookie or some granola, some cool whip if I have it.

For salty, I just roll a pickle spear with some deli turkey. Yummy, less than 35 calories.
  • joannd825
    Options
    Thanks the whole dips and chips or veggies and chips I do, just trying to think of other things. The granola I need to be careful with because of nuts, but sometimes I am lucky and I can find it with out nuts!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Snacks:
    Quest Bars
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Air popped pop corn (add shaker flavors)
    greek yogurt
    and of course any combo of fruit and veggies with hummus, guac or other dips

You can make your own granola
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe try:
    Honey Wheat Pretzels and low fat String Cheese
    Caramel Rice snacks and a sliced apple
    Turkey Jerky and low fat string cheese (I love string cheese)
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    homemade hummus? most packaged ones have tahini (sesame paste) but I like throwing a can of chickpeas, 1 small clove of garlic (minced), a pinch of salt, and some extra virgin olive oil in a food processor. It's good with pita chips or veggies, and you can add or substitute ingredients as you like!
  • meltedkeys
    meltedkeys Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    how about slicing some red pepper, or carrots?
  • zeltoria
    Options
    tuna salad 2 cans tuna in water drained, 1/4 cup onion minced, 2 stalks celery minced, 15 green olives minced and 1/4 cup light miracle whip. mix and put in 4 containers each container 89 calories
  • zeltoria
    Options
    also I measure out 90 calories of trail mix .. which isn't a lot but great on the go.
  • zeltoria
    Options
    I take my greek yogurt and divide it into 2 containers and have a container and a apple. or half a banana.
    sometimes I just make dinner and package some meals in 200 calorie segments to have for snack
  • LoadedM6Tina
    LoadedM6Tina Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Coconut water, 3 bananas, mixed tropical fruit (frozen). It is DELISH! And It lasts me all day! (in two or three servings) Curbs that sweet tooth too! :)
  • fruitysky
    fruitysky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to slice up some raw carrots into chips and then have them with salsa. Or if you mix plain Greek yogurt with taco seasoning, it makes an AWESOME veggie dip.
    Another thing I like to make is kale chips: cut the leaves off the stalk, toss in some coconut oil and sea salt, then put in a single layer in a pan in a preheated 350 degree oven until crisp. - They really curb the craving for chips while being MUCH healthier.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I eat dip with carrot "chips" they are just sliced carrots. You can get them at the store already sliced, I make my own. I love mine with shoe cream dip or guac.

I also love yogurt parfaits. Fruit, yogurt, a crushed cookie or some granola, some cool whip if I have it.

For salty, I just roll a pickle spear with some deli turkey. Yummy, less than 35 calories.

What is shoe cream dip?
  • Funnylittlenut
    Funnylittlenut Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Rice or corn crackers with any kind of spread or dip? A high protein/fibre cereal can work well too. Also a really high quality dark chocolate I find satisfies me without leaving me craving.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like cinnamon graham crackers.... Spread cool whip light between ,wrap in plastic wrap then freeze... Fake ice cream sandwich....
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's Disease and cannot have nuts or seeds either. So I eat some of the following for snacks: string cheese; cut up Cabot cheese with crackers; hummus and chips; dips/guacamole and pretzels, veggies, chips; fresh fruit; yogurt; frozen pretzels and mustard; and low fiber processed snacks - as I am trying to gain weight.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato... I carry one around with me everywhere! hahaha :D I keep abundance of pears, apples, bananas, and oranges/tangerines around too. I pre-chop individual portions of cheese and would have that with the fruit as well. Dried fruit on yogurt, tofu smoothies are good too. Carrots and hummus; mashed avocado (slightly sweetened with sugar) on a slice of toasted whole grain bread... High fiber, nutrient dense fruit and veggies are the only snacks I eat if I want a snack in the first place.
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Olives! I like the kinds with pits in them, because they take a while to eat. 10 olives and some string cheese was my snack this morning. :)