Detox/Cleanse

Options
JONZ64
JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
Ok, so I'm seeing a lot of the Detox/Cleanse posts again. This is rare, they usually don't happen until January. So here's the deal on Detoxing your body

The body’s own detox system
We tend to forget that the body is equipped with a detoxification system of its own, which includes the following:

The skin. The main function of the body’s largest organ is to provide a barrier against harmful substances, from bacteria and viruses to heavy metals and chemical toxins.

The respiratory system. Fine hairs inside the nose trap dirt and other large particles that may be inhaled. Smaller particles that make it to the lungs are expelled from the airways in mucus.

The immune system. This exquisitely orchestrated network of cells and molecules is designed to recognize foreign substances and eliminate them from the body.

The intestines. Peyer’s patches — lymph nodes in the small intestine — screen out parasites and other foreign substances before nutrients are absorbed into the blood from the colon.

The liver. Acting as the body’s principal filter, the liver produces a family of proteins called metallothioneins. Metallothioneins neutralize harmful metals like lead, cadmium, and mercury to prepare for their elimination from the body. Liver cells also produce groups of enzymes that regulate the metabolism of drugs and are an important part of the body’s defense against harmful chemicals and other toxins.

The kidneys. The fact that urine tests are used to screen for drugs and toxins is a testament to the kidneys' remarkable efficiency in filtering out waste substances and moving them out of the body.

There's no "Magic" Lemonade, cayun pepper and squid oil drink that will Detox your body, just eat, exercise keep hydrated and Voila, Health! :-P

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    We need our stickies back to point people to. Until then, I'll just have to help bump this.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Excellent post
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, the "Looking for a detox/cleanse?" post needs to be re-stickied for sure. And *bump* to this one.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    :o I have shared this on Detox/Cleanse forums before and was inundated with PM's from people saying I was wrong and they know this Detox works because their 2nd cousins half sister on their mothers side who was born from a test tube got it from the guy that cleans their septic tanks who used to be a chinese monk and had this in his family for centuries
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    JONZ64 wrote: »
    :o I have shared this on Detox/Cleanse forums before and was inundated with PM's from people saying I was wrong and they know this Detox works because their 2nd cousins half sister on their mothers side who was born from a test tube got it from the guy that cleans their septic tanks who used to be a chinese monk and had this in his family for centuries

Yea This^^^^^ Detox.... If ur an alcoholic or drug addict then yea detox is medically necessary.....otherwise SCAM

• roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You mean if I drink cayenne pepper lemonade I won't detox??????? I'm shocked.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I cleansed with Lysol disinfectant. But the stuff tasted just awful.