Need to lose a dress size by December 13! Help!!

Options
MyTurn2BHappy
MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
First let me say, please don't give me mean answers, I'm sensitive and will cry! LOL (seriously).. I ordered the wrong dress size for a wedding, realizing that they are a size smaller than what they say on the tag! I haven't been as strict with my weight loss and HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FAST!! I know losing weight fast is not healthy...blah, blah, blah... but I need to do what it takes! I have so many excuses, mostly an extremely busy life and going to the gym means getting up at 5am and driving 20 min to and from and then I don't get to bed until 11pm after my crazy day. So, I need something workable and a meal plan that won't leave me starving and wanting to eat everything in the house! I know I'm pathetic, but I would appreciate some "helpful" advice.. And again, be nice!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Exchange the dress or get it altered.
    That isn't mean, it is reality. Realistically, you can hope to lose 1 pound per week, so 8 weeks = 8 pounds. Probably not enough to drop a dress size.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Return it and buy a different dress. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit. Do some exercise that you enjoy (even if it's from home). Set yourself up for long term success rather than crash dieting for a specific event.
  • arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Keto...it's not something i've ever been good with. But keeping your carb intake very low seems to work for a lot of people and FAST. Good luck! If all else fails, go get it altered. They can let a dress out a few inches usually.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Although it's totally possible to go down a size in 2 months, I'd exchange the dress for the correct size. It's easier to do that than make yourself crazy. Unfortunatly, weight loss doesn't have a timeline.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    1 - What they said about exchanging / returning the dress.
    Unless you're the bride, nobody will be looking at you, nobody will pay attention to what you wear. Easiest solution, best & fastest results.

2 - To feel fuller longer, increase your protein.
    2 eggs are 144 cal
    8 oz of tilapia or ham is just under 200 cal
    1 cup of cooked black beans is 240 cal
    8 oz of chicken breast is 260 cal

3 - To have more bulk, more time eating, with fewer calories, increase veggies and to some degree fruit.
    1 lb of zucchini is 48 cal
    1 lb of celery is 85 cal
    1 lb of mushrooms is 117 cal
    4 cups broccoli is 125 cal
    1 lb of carrots is 186 cal
    any of those can be dipped in hummus, apx. 70 cal for 2T

1 lb of apples is 276 cal
    1 lb of pears or blueberries is 300 cal
  • pknjhh
    pknjhh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Keto diet for sure. I am on it now and love it. Don't know if I am going to come off even I get bodyfat levels where I want them. Unless it prevents any additional size. It works fast. In 2 weeks you will be down 8lbs not joking.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Return the dress and get a new one. People make mistakes all the time... get a dress that fits and save your sanity and health.
  • pknjhh
    pknjhh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    And if you add t3 to it you can take calories even lower with better results. Consult doctor on that part.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    PS - If you can't lose the weight and can't exchange the dress, invest in a good pair of Spanx :wink:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some things that you might want to take into consideration while you're deciding what to do about the dress.

Are we talking about a dress that doesn't fit by one inch or by three inches? That could make a big difference to how possible this is.

If you lose enough weight to squeeze into the dress, are you going to feel beautiful and confident while wearing it or will you feel self-conscious throughout the night? Are you going to look and feel healthy if you crash diet to get into it?

Is there any chance you'll be retaining water the day of the wedding (going out for drinks/partying a few nights before, at an unfortunate spot in your monthly cycle, high sodium foods, etc)? You might lose the weight but still not fit into the dress well if that happens.

You might look into taking up a strength training routine to see if you can change your body composition in the next two months, but no matter what you decide to do I think it's going to be a gamble that might not pay off.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You have 2 months, I'd say 8-10 pounds for a dress side. It's tight, but doable. First, a caloric deficit is what's important. Figure out your TDEE, and subtract 15-20%, then eat about that number of calories. Since you are really in a time crunch, hwile it doesn't generally matter what you'd eat, I'd eliminate as many processed, "crap foods" as possible. Stick to lean protein, lots of veggies and some fruit as much as possible. I am generally less bloated feeling when I eat this way, but I did lose weight in the past eating pretty much whatever, so long as I stayed under my calories.

Fit in exercise where you can. Checkout fitnessblender.com for some great videos, many under 10 minutes. I would definitely do strength training along with cardio. This may or may not work, but it's a basic, healthy approach to losing weight. But, it will require you getting into the right headspace and dropping the excuses.

in reality, I'd get another dress that fits well now, makes me feel sexy and get some sort of shapewear, as was previously suggested.
  • mkroberger
    mkroberger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think you can lose a dress size for sure if you cut back on carbs, eat clean, stay away from alcohol (that's always the hard part for me). You can do it for sure! But also look into a back up plan such as whether you can return the dress right before the wedding, or taking out the dress. Sometimes an event will really help motivate me. :-)

Good luck!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Return the dress or buy Spanx - they really work wonders.
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Aside from dress alterations, spanx, calorie deficit, and working out (you don't need a gym to excercise, by the way- just go outside!) Eat really low sodium a few days before hand. You will look amazing :)
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You can probably do it. Try loose enough weight for a month, assess your results. Then, decide on keeping on Plan A or moving on Plan B;)

I've lost 13.2 lbs (6kg) in 4-5 weeks doing 5:2 and 16:8 combo. Before that I was stalled for almost a year...

It really works for me. I feel great! More drive, still workout a lot etc.

You can try this calc, made by one in our 5:2 group, to see if it's possible to loose what you need to fit into the dress.
    http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

Here's info, if you're interested. There's also vids on Youtube.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good luck:)

Edit: I forgot to add the FAQ link to 5:2.
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/

• MyTurn2BHappy
    Options
    Thank you so much for everyone that was nice and gave helpful advice!!! I really appreciate it and YES I CAN DO IT! Thank you again!! <3
  • lisabwp
    lisabwp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    save the gym for the weekend maybe when you can devote more time. throughout the week do exercise in the morning at home instead. grab an exercise dvd from the store, they usually are about 30 minutes and require little to no equipment. doing it everyday in the morning before work will help make you feel better at work so you'll be less likely to cheat throughout the day and you don't lose that 20 minutes driving to and from the gym everyday, you can use that time to work out at home. take a walk at lunch(if your job permits) and stay away from the booze(wine on Friday gets me every week!) while I agree the best course may be to exchange the dress, depending on your size and if you are already somewhat fit, you should be able to drop one size in 2 months. in reality you will be able to tell for yourself after a month whether or not you will so if before thanksgiving you know you cant get there, maybe then its time to throw in the towel and call an alterations person, good luck!
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    Options
    Thank you lisabwp!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Why not skip the gym and work out at home? There are so many good work out videos online, and it'll save you the commute.

If I were you I'd exercise 60 min a day, eat 1200 calories, and hope for the best. Buy the spanx just in case. I bet you'll do it!