Pre-Logging

Options
2»

Replies

• stevierg
    stevierg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pre logging has been a major factor for me.

Generally I put in tomorrows dinner the night before and then workout my breakfast and fit in the remaining calories with lunch.

I find this way, I don't get in a situation where I eat too much during lunch and then struggle cutting back a planned meal or throwing half away.
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Same here. I do it as much as possible, just makes things easier for me.
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I actually pre-log out 5 - 7 day at a time so I know what I need on my grocery list, lol. It works out fantastic!
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I find that pre logging keeps me in check and on track. Good luck. :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I log in the AM before work- or right when I get here- I pack my lunch- just easier to log everything and plan the day- if BF is here I'll log then adjust as we go to dinner.
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I generally pre-log about a week in advance. I do this mostly for the purpose of shopping. I go grocery shopping every week, and because we are on a tight budget, I like to usually only buy just what we need. Also, it keeps me accountable, knowing I have a plan and not winging it. And it lets me make sure that all my macros and micros are right where they should be, so I have time to tweak them ahead of time.

Of course, I do not stick to my pre-logging like glue. Sometimes life happens and I have to tweak it a little as I go. But I love having the guideline there.
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear it has helped so many people! I definitely think that I'll be doing more prelogging. Just today I think it has helped me. Still figuring out what to eat for dinner, but I have over 1,000 calories left for that. :)

LeonCX wrote: »
    I always pre log. And I only keep 7 days worth of entries. Helps keep the "recent" list under control.

That is a fantastic idea. My recent list is a mess. I can never find anything. :P
  • heatherw_27
    heatherw_27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I pre-log so I can be better prepared for the day :smiley: It helps me meal plan and not cheat.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I pre log EVERYDAY. It's helped me be more accountable and make better decisions. Before MFP I would always be scrambling in the morning to get something quick for breakfast and/or lunch and (most of the time) giving into fast food. It's been very freeing for me to be able to get up in the morning and know that my day is planned and my food is already packed. It's also been a great bonding experience for my husband and I. He has taken a very active role in helping me plan and prepare meals. Good luck! :D
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I pre-log every day the night before and do not deviate. It makes things so much easier and less stressful.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    If I remember, I will pre-log breakfast the night before and sometimes dinner ingredients for the next day. Pre logging does help a tiny bit but I'm not broken hearted if it doesn't get done.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I pre-log for the following day every evening. If something changes then I can amend as necessary, but it gives me a good starting point and encourages me to stick with what I've logged. :)

I do the exact same thing.

"Failure to prepare is preparing for failure" - some wise mofo
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I actually prelog Mon-Friday at lunch typically. This does a couple things for me...allows me to know how my weekend is gonna be and makes me remember to take the stuff out of the freezer that morning..

Doesn't mean I don't alter but at least I have some idea of what my week will look like.