Tired of the same old salads.......

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
I get tired of always having the same kind of salad, my friend made a great one the other day I never would have thought of, so it got me thinking I would like to know what other kinds of ingredients people use in their salads including different kinds of lettuce. This was my friends

Arugula
Snow peas cut vertically in thin strips
Sprouts (used the ones bigger than broccoli sprouts, might have been mung sprouts)
Onions sliced thin
Cherry tomatoes

That was it and it was very tasty, she used balsamic viniagrette but it honestly would go with a lot. Soooo what do you make a salad with?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Bread aka panzanella
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband makes one that is really good.

Green Leaf Lettuce
    Grilled Chicken Breast
    Craisins
    Low Fat Feta
    Purple Onions
    Red & Green Bell Pepper

He uses a Low Fat Walnut Pecan Viniagrette but I like it without anything. The saltiness of the Feta mixed with the sweet of the Craisins is delicious.
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1447557/salad-love

I posted this a little while ago. Not too many responses but maybe something will inspire you.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1447557/salad-love

I posted this a little while ago. Not too many responses but maybe something will inspire you.
    Mmm those do look good
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've been buying bags of spinach mixed with greens. I add cubed or grated cheese (mozeralla usually, last night i used some spicy gouda and it was fantastic!), grape or cherry tomatoes, and seedless grapes.

I use a yogurt-based raspberry vinaigrette dressing, and it is delicious, nutritious, easy to prepare, and easy to fit into my caloric budget.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    wonko221 wrote: »
    I've been buying bags of spinach mixed with greens. I add cubed or grated cheese (mozeralla usually, last night i used some spicy gouda and it was fantastic!), grape or cherry tomatoes, and seedless grapes.

I use a yogurt-based raspberry vinaigrette dressing, and it is delicious, nutritious, easy to prepare, and easy to fit into my caloric budget.
    why have I not thought of putting grapes in my salad?
    Thank you for the mention of it, I am probably going to do that tonight. Yum
  • zeltoria
    Options
    grapes are amazing in salad :) add some pecans to
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is spring mix, corn, red onion, feta and Annie's Goddess dressing.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Mark Bittman has 101 recipe ideas for salads: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/dining/22mlist.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I love the tomato and soy, carrot and blueberries, tomato and peaches. So good!

I love Shepherd's Salad too! http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/03/shepherds-salad.html
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My current fav is baby spinach with strawberries, walnuts, blue cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette. Yummy! P.S. You can add a piece of grilled chicken breast to this and it becomes a very satisfying complete meal.
  • laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I love salad. One thing to make salad better: always season the lettuce with herbs+salt+pepper.

3 tbsp yogurt/cilantro dressing
    1/4 cup chili
    red onion
    lettuce (any)
    gouda cheese
    cumin / salt / pepper
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    dk that's thanks for the 101 recipe ideas that has some amazing ones I can't wait to try!!
  • xoAnnettexo
    Options
    Spinach
    Garbanzo Beans
    Olives
    Baby Corn
    Kidney Beans
    Broccoli
    Salad Shrimp
    Blue cheese vinaigrette