Best step tracker?

Options
What's the best step tracking app and why do you find it better than others?

Replies

• stevierg
    stevierg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure about apps. Fitbit however make fantastic ones and sync great with MFP. The waist ones work a lot better than the wrist ones, but they do work ok also.
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and it syncs my steps with the fitbit app and sends me a weekly report on how I'm doing. I can also wear the One in my pocket, on my waist, etc. it a.lso can be used for tracking your sleep
  • lkraus17
    Options
    My whole family has the FitBit Flex. We love them. My 2 young boys wear theirs constantly. They can sync it to their iPods and instead of playing video games they are out running around trying to meet their daily 10,000 step goals.

The Flex is pretty simple to set up you can wear it all day and not even notice it. It automatically resets itself at midnight and can even track your sleep for you.

FitBit also has great customer service too. My youngest son lost his playing/wrestling at the park with friends and when we contacted FitBit to see if there was any way to track or find it; they sent him a new one free of charge.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    stevierg wrote: »
    Not sure about apps. Fitbit however make fantastic ones and sync great with MFP. The waist ones work a lot better than the wrist ones, but they do work ok also.

I've never used the waist ones but I had noticed that the wrist was sometimes inaccurate with my steps. I started wrapping it around my ankle under my socks and its been so much more accurate! It just felt a little strange on the ankle at first.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just bought the fitbit one 3 days ago and it is a blast and very accurate. I compared it to my garmin forerunner 220 HRM and they were within 1/10th of a mile of each other.Add to that that it syncs up with MFP seamlessly and it was $100 well spent.
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been using the garmin vivofit. It syncs with MFP and does the same as the fitbit - daily goal, calories burned, steps taken, etc. It does not record additional activities, like cycling or working out. I use MapMyFitness for the extras and then add them to the app. I love the challenge of meeting the daily goal.
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I currently have the fitbit flex -- LOVE it! I find it to be very accurate, and seeing it on my wrist when I'm sitting down is very motivating to get up and walk around a bit!

I used to have the Polar Loop. Was not a fan. It's synching was glitchy and basically NEVER worked via wifi/bluetooth. Very bulky, terrible battery life, and it adverstised that it would work in water -- not true in my experience. Was never quite the same after I took it swimming.

• lakenrivr
    lakenrivr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have had two Fit Bit Zips and one Fit Bit One...I prefer the Fit Bit One better, but both are great. With the Fit Bit Zip the battery needs replacing frequently. Love the Fit Bit app!