A little support doesn't hurt no one!

Options
Its been two weeks with dieting and exercising! The only thing thats bothering me is that I have to make two dishes for dinner, my partner doesn't like all that healthy stuff! This is no help at all! Who else has to go threw this??

Replies

• livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    my boyfriend doesnt like all the healthy stuff i make depending on what i'm cooking he usually eats the main dish and I make mac and cheese for him. feel free to add me!
  • lisaward111
    lisaward111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Theres some thing he does eat but most of the time he doesn't so theres times that Ill cook a dinner for my daughter and him and Ill just eat something simple, I wont be in the mood to cook a dish for myself, its just to much. His Hispanic side has to be fed.. Lol..
    my boyfriend doesnt like all the healthy stuff i make depending on what i'm cooking he usually eats the main dish and I make mac and cheese for him. feel free to add me!

• aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My hubby will eat it and then complain an hour later that he is so hungry!!! I just tell him to go eat a carrot lol!
  • lisaward111
    Options
    Lol..its so hard to not have that morale support at home. If someone is not on the same page as you right? I be so tempted to eat the fry chicken wings that I cook for him?
    aleyjewell wrote: »
    My hubby will eat it and then complain an hour later that he is so hungry!!! I just tell him to go eat a carrot lol!

• lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Seems like you need to have a talk with your partner.Eating better can benefit the whole family your child included.What I would do is make 1 meal and 1-2 sides.If you made fried chicken for him why not make the chicken,a side salad,and some broccoli? You can have 1-2 pieces of chicken and the veggies and he will be happy.....Relationships are supposed to be supportive...you could also teach him how to cook a few meals during the week.

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Remember you are doing this for you! You can't change another person all you can hope for is by making the change for yourself it will rub off on him and he will in turn want to be healthier....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you are making two seperate meals..it's not about what you eat it's about how much you eat. I made Chicken Cacciatore and Polenta on Monday and Meat lovers pizza with extra cheese on Tuesday for supper...I ate my serving and my husband wasn't hungry afterwards...
  • lisaward111
    Options
    Eating healthy is the goal he will eat somethings that I make but my meals are extra healthy, I do make the side dishes but sometimes he wants some tasteful food. My daughter eats what I eat but hates veggies..lol..This is just a challenge cause hes not trying to lose weight.
  • lisaward111
    Options
    He'll eat the salmon but not the brown rice or spinach..
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I don't make separate meals, but I often will tweak a recipe to make it a bit more healthy, but not less tasty. Often they will not even notice the changes.
    I used to always butter the veggies before serving; add a big blob of butter on top of the green beans, etc. Now I let them add it if they wish. No one has mentioned the change.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy is the goal he will eat somethings that I make but my meals are extra healthy, I do make the side dishes but sometimes he wants some tasteful food. My daughter eats what I eat but hates veggies..lol..This is just a challenge cause hes not trying to lose weight.

1) Why is your "diet" food not tasteful? I would suggest a few recipe books.There are some good ones out there where you can make tasty food, that is still healthy. Even you can't survive long on a "diet" of flavorless food.

2) He does not have to lose weight to be supportive of you, eating healthy and losing weight are 2 different things.

3)I understand your issues. I have a greedy husband, a vegetarian son, and a lactose intolerant son. Meal times could get crazy, but I don't let them. I prepare the vegetarian a few chili's, veggie lasagna's and such and freeze the portions for times when I cant adapt a portion of my dinner meal for his needs(or when I don't feel like it). I also taught him how to cook a few meals for himself. I leave out the dairy in most things and add my dairy separate, I add soups/salads to have a bulky meal for the greedy husband. I cook ONE dinner a night..I've just learned to adapt to the whole family's needs. There are days where someone does not like something....my FAVORITE response is: "IF YOU CAN READ YOU CAN COOK." feel free to get in the kitchen and make yourself a meal.....(shoot) not gonna stress me out lol!!!!

• Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My OH will get what I eat or starve, and I don`t understand why you have tasteless food, there are plenty of foods that are healthy and tasty. Cook them from scratch and enjoy them, agree with getting some recipe books to try. I`m cooking a thai green curry tonight, its healthy and tasty and make it all from scratch. experiment a bit.
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually ask mine what he wants to eat, and he always says "what do you want?" It's so frustrating, because I know he's not going to eat what I eat (usually broiled chicken, fish, or pork chops and a steamed vegetable). So, here's what I do: whenever he says he doesn't know or doesn't care, he gets hamburgers and baked beans. Period. I figure that when he gets tired of eating that every night, he'll learn to be more decisive!
  • lisaward111
    Options
    My meals are not tasteless I actually like what I eat. This is all new to me but I got this Im definitely getting a hang of this! ;)
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Wife and kids don't really eat anything I need to eat. Gets really frustrating cooking dinner for 4. Then having to turn around and make my dinner. I just grin and bear it knowing the payoff in doing this is worth it. Best of luck!
  • lisaward111
    Options
    Yess after a while you'll get used to it!
    mbailey423 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Wife and kids don't really eat anything I need to eat. Gets really frustrating cooking dinner for 4. Then having to turn around and make my dinner. I just grin and bear it knowing the payoff in doing this is worth it. Best of luck!

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't trying to lose weight, and he either eats what I make or he's on his own to find something else. But, I also don't make "diet" food, I make all the food we've always enjoyed, I just eat less of it. Dinner tonight is Bacon Mac n Cheese, and making Bailey white fudge.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Healthy food doesn't have to taste bad. You can make things that have spices and flavours that he likes. I am used to making 2 meals because I am such a picky eater BUT he needs to support you and you should talk to him about this. Have him back you. If he doesn't like something or he is still hungry than he can make something else. Good Luck!
  • alyci
    alyci Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make dinner like normal for my husband and daughter. I have started to edit his meals a bit to cut the cheese and salts down for blood pressure reasons. My portions are taken out early and cooked separately so I can measure everything I will be eating. I try to make sure the over all meal I am cooking will be easily modified for my meal plans. Normally I add extra veggies to my meals because I am cutting some of the carbs out. It can be frustrating but it is better than arguing with him to eat his veggies.