What to so when stats dont add up?

Options
13»

Replies

• thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have 'kicked' their weight loss back on track by trying the 5:2 diet for a while. It could be an interesting approach to try, if you have been logging accurately. :smile:

When I was having good success in late 2013, I was doing IF, skipping breakfast, because breakfast makes me hungry all day long. I have been slipping a bit lately on that :(

• A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    IF all else fails, (I'm not discounting the inaccurate measuring thing, it happens) if you have the resources to do so, go see a Doctor and get a full panel of blood work done. A simple vitamin deficiency or being pre-diabetic can stall your weight loss. Fat can be a "symptom" of something deeper as well as a "cause" of symptoms. But, before you do that make sure your logging properly, add a touch of exercise and see how it goes.

Good luck!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I dont get food scales. So instead of counting calories I am counting pounds? If I use cups, 1/2 cups, teaspoons, etc isn't that measuring my food?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

A food scale could actually help you eat more in some cases. When I first started to weigh my chicken was I was like, nuh-uh. Better double up that puppy. And guess what protein can be more satisfying so overall it really helped my day to day diet. Read those posts for some excellent information on how logging could affect our progress

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    I dont get food scales. So instead of counting calories I am counting pounds? If I use cups, 1/2 cups, teaspoons, etc isn't that measuring my food?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

A food scale could actually help you eat more in some cases. When I first started to weigh my chicken was I was like, nuh-uh. Better double up that puppy. And guess what protein can be more satisfying so overall it really helped my day to day diet. Read those posts for some excellent information on how logging could affect our progress

How do we fix the links? I need help being more accurate, too

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    not gonna use a food scale, ever.

Now you are just being stubborn. You know your so called guesstimates are not working.

I get that though. I do not count calories either. If you are going to make a thread about not losing and not take the steps that you know will give you results then what. What are you going to do?

Now if you are doing everything correct then ok something is wrong. You eye balling serving sizes clearly shows it does not work.

Sounds mean but I do not have sympathy when you are not giving weight loss your all. Weight loss is not easy or there would be no point to all of this.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    edited October 2014
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

Sorry I was actually looking into that. I've fixed one, I'll get the other soon

Edit they should both be fixed now
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

Oh, thank you. I didn't mean to put you to work.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Oh, thank you. I didn't mean to put you to work.

Hahah it needed to be done. I have to go fix my iPhone shortcuts but I think I see the formatting now. I wish MFP would somehow recognize the topic number and redirect the post appropriately? There are so many referenced links in useful threads, be a shame for them all to be broken