Finding old clothes...

DaveyGravy
DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
Well I have been having a slight dip in confidence of late and every bad day I convince myself that I have gone back to square one, put 100lbs on overnight etc. Lol but today I found my old 48" jeans so tried them on and then didn't feel too bad :) Always nice to try on the stuff you used to squeeze into!

33jmumx.jpg

Replies

• maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    You're doing amazing! I put on a pair of pants that i used to lay down to button up recently, and they were so so loose! I was walking on sunshine after that!

Congratulations! Keep it up! And don't sweat the small mess-ups. We are all human, they happen. :)
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Thats brilliant! What an amazing loss :-)
  • DaveyGravy
    Thank you :) Hopefully never need these jeans again lol but they will be nice to try on now and again!
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    I have been at maintenance (mostly) for the last 2 years, and I know exactly what you mean. I just had to get a suit jacket tailored because it was enormous on me, and I specifically keep an old pair of denim shorts as my "lounge about" clothes for home, because it's way too big for me - I have to wear a belt, or it falls right off.

So it makes it a very comfy ego boost :)
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Love that feeling! Great way to remind yourself that you are still rocking!!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Yes .. we are all so hard on ourselves .. myself included .. it is nice to remind us where we started. I saw a picture I had taken a while ago and I can see a difference for sure.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    that's awesome now throw those out 100 pounds gone forever!
  • DaveyGravy
    Most definitely! Those 100+lbs are NEVER coming back!!

Strict calorie counting and brutal boot camps are ensuring that! :)
  • pammyd76
    pammyd76 Posts: 42 Member
    Well done! Isn't it madness how our own brains can work against us? I have moments when I look in the mirror and it feels like I'm expanding right there. For me I have to pull out the measuring tape and remind myself where I started. Hopefully soon I'll have my 'big' clothes : )
  • SassyMoonbeams
    SassyMoonbeams Posts: 229 Member
    This is the kind of thing that really motivates me to keep going, too! I take pictures of myself frequently and almost every night I look at my latest ones and then maybe once or twice a week compare my latest to the ones near my starting point and it is so fun, but VERY sobering cause you realize how much you NEVER EVER want to be in that place again!

100lbs off is an incredible achievement! Congratulations!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    congrats

29509743.png
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    You should be very proud. You should keep these pants in your wardrobe for days you feel down to see how far you've come.
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    wow what an amazing transformation! looking good!
  • DaveyGravy
    Thanks guys...yes it's an awesome feeling when you put the old gear on and realise that you HAVEN'T gained loads and loads overnight, because sometimes our brains make us think that if we miss a gym sesh or eat a bad meal etc! I love feeling so much better, and still cannot believe that at one point those jeans were skin tight on me :neutral_face:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!