i need less sodium!

Options
hi all... i keep going WAY over my sodium intake (even though my caloric/fat intake is usually pretty good and i'm a fairly healthy eater). i think it's because i eat a lean cuisine for dinner and a turkey sandwich for lunch every day. can anyone recommend a great tasting lower sodium turkey, or other ways i can consume less sodium for my meals? thanks!

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Sams carries Castlewood herb roasted turkey that is 58% lower sodium, I think it is like 230 grams per serving compared to most around 600 or more. It taste really good too!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i eat quite a lot of turkey... but not processed pre packed, try grilling a turkey breast the night before and cutting it up keeping it in the fridge for your sandwich the next day. it also tastes a lot better than pre packed turkey slices! but yeah the lean cuisines are always going to do damage in the sodium area, fresh produce is always the healthier option (and always tastes better although its hard to fit in the prep time at the start but it can be done! drink lots of water to flush that sodium out!