Diet making me gassy.

Options
Ever since I've started dieting, I'm having a lot more issues with being gassy. If there's one particular item or group of things that I should cut back on, or some additive I should take, would love to know what it is. It's a bit embarrasing to be farting all over the office.

Foods that I'm eating a lot of, that I wasn't before this problem:
Kale, Collared Greens, Spinach, Peppers, Carrots, Squash, Apples, Grapes, Granola, Flax

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Me too!
    th?id=HN.608012265270610618&pid=15.1&P=0
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My mom has that reaction to green peppers and white onions.

I'm lactose intollerant so on a good day that's the worst side effect I can have from dairy.

Have any allergies?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Choboman wrote: »
    Ever since I've started dieting, I'm having a lot more issues with being gassy. If there's one particular item or group of things that I should cut back on, or some additive I should take, would love to know what it is. It's a bit embarrasing to be farting all over the office.

Foods that I'm eating a lot of, that I wasn't before this problem:
    Kale, Collared Greens, Spinach, Peppers, Carrots, Squash, Apples, Grapes, Granola, Flax

One additive I steer clear of is chicory root or inulin. Fiber One bars (or fart bars) have this. Some FiberOne & Kashi cereals do too. Chobani 100 has it. I bought 5 tubs of Chobani 100 and couldn't wait to get rid of it.

I have issues with veggies in the cabbage family (this includes broccoli and cauliflower too).

Good luck finding the culprit..... ;)
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Usually when I raise my veggie intake drastically, I get that problem too. I agree with @TeaBea on the Fiber One bars. OY. Good luck! :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Try non-collared greens. There's your problem.