Getting Back To It and Need Support

Options
I had a great start and was doing great until I had a huge setback. I will share the story so I can move past this and finally learn to do this for me and not someone else. I was talking to a guy online and we had great conversations (3-4 hours long a day) and I couldn't wait to meet him. The day came that he asked to see a full length picture of me, so I did...I went into the bathroom and took a full length picture and I got a mesage back saying, You are an awesome person and I will probably regret this, but I am only physically attracted to slim women. I don't know why this crushed me coming from someone I have never even met but it did...it crushed my spitrit. I guess it was just the bruised ego as a result of those words. Anyway, I am back and I refuse to let anyones opinioin about me stand in the way of my goals anymore. Their loss and my gain....

I really need support from people who have lost large numbers to hear of their weightloss stories and advice. I am intrested in losing weight the natural way and not fad diets or qucik loss schemes. Thanks in advance for your support
1.jpg 32.4K
3.jpg 29.6K
4.jpg 42.2K

Replies

• awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you had to go thru this. I can't imagine how you felt at that moment when he said that he is only attracted to "slim women". His loss for sure!! You are a very beautiful woman. I haven't lost large numbers, 40 lbs to be exact, before I got pregnant with my 4th boy. I'm struggling myself to get back on the wagon. I've used just about every excuse for moms in the book but I realized that I need to get back on track for me. Please don't let that guy deter you from feeling beautiful to yourself. Just focus on eating healthy and get some exercise in each day. For me, I have a hard time telling myself and I'll feel good again. I know I will, it's just getting past my brain wanting to just say, whatever. You can do this for you!!!! We all can do it together!!!
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ok- it sucks that he said that to you. But, he was honest. And I have learned that honesty is the best way. He could have just stopped talking to you all together. And trust me that would be worse.
    I really hope you are doing this for you and not to show him what he lost. Been there. Done that. It won't stick. Use it as motivation when you want to give up on your exercise program, sure...it will help you do that extra set or walk that extra mile. But make this about you.
    Once you start to feel better about yourself, which will happen a lot sooner than you think, his words won't mean anything to you.

I've lost a decent amount of weight. The best advice I can give you is to stick with it. Eat what you like and log it. Feel free to ad me.