eating junk all day within my calorie goal??

2»

Replies

• DancesWithBirds
    DancesWithBirds Posts: 25 Member
    I think if you ate more than 1200 calories on a daily basis, you probably wouldn't have those days where you feel like eating yourself into a junk food coma.

And ditch the low-fat ice cream. Get yourself some fat ice cream, and enjoy it.

This is my suggestion. I have found that my cravings get out of hand when my hunger gets out of hand for too long. I've managed to get rid of the worst cravings by not letting myself get too hungry between meals by snacking and not missing meals. On the other hand, if you fill a day of eating with only cake and ice cream you will probably find yourself even hungrier with even more intense cravings at the end of the day.
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    280 calories would be aprox 1 cup of low fat ice cream.

Enjoy :)
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    never!! clean eating only in my world;)
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    I have a 1200 calorie Diet...
    I eat ice cream every night which is Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bars.

I still lose weight every week, I have to be sure I get near my 1200 calories or I will not lose weight.
    I can only do minimal exercise because I have Arthritis in both of my knees and back
  • FFXXIV
    FFXXIV Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for asking the question that has always been on my mind! :)
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Although not healthy as long as you are within your goal you'll lose weight. Because I am addicted to chocolate and sugar I allow for a junk pig out once a week and allow for something sweet and chocolate each day. This works for me but you have to find your balance.
  • KyleWitt87
    KyleWitt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Calories are calories... It doesn't matter if its from broccoli or Reese's. the problem with eating junk food is that 99% of the time it isn't filling at all. It's usually calorie dense small portions which in turn may cause you to become hungry more often, thus causing you to eat more and go over your goal. Sure you can have your "bad" food days, because let's be honest, eating nothing but broccoli & protein powder everyday is enough to drive anyone crazy, plus its nice to "reward" yourself every once in a while. But, I don't recommend basing your diet off of junk food. Remember, you are what you eat. Good luck ;)
  • Bump
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    You can and should give yourself treats, but just treat it as that. A treat. Of course you could eat all your calories from junk but you wouldn't get much food, or nourishment/nutrients. You'd be starving. But if you save a couple hundred calories here and there for a treat, you'll be fine.

Ice cream is an awesome treat. I treat it as a liquid and don't weigh mine, I measure it in a measuring up. exactly 1/2 cup of ice cream into my bowl (or what ever serving size you choose) and then put it away.Eat it slowly and enjoy! :D
  • Bump