How should I eat these treats?

Options
So there's a bakery far from my city and my mother and I happened to be by there and almost ALWAYS we end up getting quite a bit from there and this turned out to be one of those times. It's a bakery that uses agave and other natural sweeteners and all of their goodies are gluten-free and vegan. However, its also expensive and I can't let it go to waste!

I had gotten half a slice of chocolate sunbutter cake, a zucchini pineapple carrot loaf and a blueberry lemon loaf, 1 doughnut, and 2 cupcakes.

I was thinking maybe each day I could have like for example, in the morning, the chocolate cake and a side of vegetables so that I can burn the sugars later and have one goodie each morning. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are...ouch. Vegan pastries make me so sick
  • ironsun
    ironsun Posts: 30
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    Freeze them for later?

I would freeze them also.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'd refrain from buying so much at once. :) There's a couple different ways you could go about doing it. Suppose you could binge and scarf it all up in one day and be done with it. Or you could freeze it and hope that it still tastes worth the calories when you're ready to eat it.
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As a fellow bakery bandit, I feel your pain. I'm a regular at my local bakeshop, and after my last baked good buying binge, I had to just box up my goodies and discreetly regift them! My neighbors have never been happier, and I've managed to stay within my goals for the week.

As for your current predicament, I think working your goodies into your meal plan with lots of veggies and salads is a good way to go about it. I've definitely done that a time or two, and right about meal number three is when I start reminding myself to just buy one or two things next time!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your MFP daily calories you're fine.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I just bought a large loaf of pumpkin bread. I cut it into 2 portion size chunks and froze each individually wrapped in plastic wrap.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Agree with all posted. Baked goods are best 'the day of' - you better use that freezer! They certainly won't taste as good though...I would give away/share the items and start buying one each day...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    as long as you maintain your deficit than eat them whenever you like….I would not worry about the sugar either...
  • skinterz
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    as long as you maintain your deficit than eat them whenever you like….I would not worry about the sugar either...

Exactly no guilt ...just eat, and enjoy them, just don't exceed your calories.Although even if you did its no big deal if your have good control.