The little things that your loved ones do to support you.

What are the little things your family and friends you to support your efforts which don't seem like very much but makes you feel like they are on board with your efforts?

I'll start with mine.

My eldest clears my youngest's toys from the living room floor to make some space in front of the TV when I want to do an workout while I go get changed.

My husband weighs and writes down ingredients when he cooks so I can log the food and he has tweaked his pizza recipes so I can have a slightly larger portion of it than I would when using the original recipe.

What do yours do that you appreciate?

Replies

• nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    My family has also been very supportive. my hubby has also gotten were he measures and weighs, writes done so I can log also. when he sets the table he puts the scale and measuring cups next to my place. he will bake stuff for me instead of frying.

my nephew gave me a weight bench with the weights and elliptical so I have no excuses for not working out.

my mom has gotten used to bring my own food and or scale over for family dinners.

three year old granddaughter makes me ride the exercise bike and elliptical , so she can see Mimi is doing her "cises"
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    nothing actually
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    My partner looks after the kids while i go on my runs <3

My mum and sister are always encouraging me :)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    My boyfriend is great for encouraging me to go for a run even if we are having an evening together because he knows how good it makes me feel.
    He also gives me massages when I am sore and comments on any definition or changes to my body to make me feel good about it.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 355 Member
    My man lets me do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry so that I can burn more calories!
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Not a lot when it comes to food, he mutters and tuts when I'm entering my calories and if I mention calorie counting, he says it's a pointless thing to do and the only way to loose weight is to exercise more.

With the gym, it's almost the complete opposite and not necessarily in a good way, he will tell me to go and make me feel bad if I don't, even with a legitimate reason. If I don't go for a few days he will look me up and down and tell me I have been lazy.

It sounds bad, but |I know he is trying to help, in his own way. But his way and my way don't seem to quite match up so I prefer to use MFP to motivate and help me and try not to mention calories in front of him.
  • Making sure the fridge is stocked up with fruit and different veggies :)
  • GaJavaGirl
    GaJavaGirl Posts: 25
    My bosses told me he day before they wanted to take me to lunch so I could have the chance to scout out menus online and adjust my calories for the next day.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    My boyfriend goes on walks with me and we are doing are first hike on Monday. We have a plan to do one hike every weekend this summer. He doesn't need the exercise to lose weight but wants to spend time with me and support me.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Sjls2013 my boyfriend does the same things "trying" to help. Like when I'm taking a bite of something I shouldn't he makes me feel like ****. I know I twist it in my head and it comes arcoss as he thinks I'm a fat cow but I know he really doesn't. Guys aren't exactly nurturing in the right ways sometimes.
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    My man lets me do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry so that I can burn more calories!

LOL