Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Holy thread necro bump batman.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If some of you actually read the thread you will see more current questions or comments. So while the OP was necro, not all of the questions are.
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, desk job and I eat 1800-2000 a day, and am losing and body is recomping.

Food is not your enemy. The one thing I dislike about MFP, is the fact that it is stuck on the whole only way to lose is 1200 calories. And carbs are not your enemy either, I eat carbs, lots of carbs too.
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Anyone saying they eat one meal a day sounds misleading. Maybe you have one rounded meal a day but how many times to do you eat thru-out the day?
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    every once in a while, i will hit the gym after having fasted, then go eat a huge meal (lunchtime) and that's all i'll have for the entire day. most of the time, it's chipotole because i have alot of food allergies and they are allergy-friendly for me. the bowl i get is about 1200-1300 calories (i get double meat + guac and both kinds of beans and rice) i feel so full, i am not even close to wanting dinner, so i'll skip and not eat until the following day. can't really answer your question on how much weight i lost, etc. b/c i don't do it enough to warrant tallying results. although i haven't gained weight, so i guess it's not detrimental.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I will only eat one meal a day...but usually only when I am going to a resturant and know I will be eating 1500-2000 calories in one meal. If I'm only eating one meal, I generally do not restrict the calories for that meal.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ccam99 wrote: »
    Anyone saying they eat one meal a day sounds misleading. Maybe you have one rounded meal a day but how many times to do you eat thru-out the day?

Have you never heard of Interim Fasting? There are plenty of people who eat only one meal a day, but those people who do have meals that are 1500+ calories.