Ladies - What are your macros?

Options
Currently trying to switch over from the mind set of "staying within my calorie range" to "meeting my macros". I know MFP just gives you estimates on what your macros should be, so I'm just trying to personalize a bit.

Currently, MFP is suggesting that I eat (before exercise that is):
229g of carbs
61g of fat
92g of protein

I'm 5'5" and weigh 120lbs. I'm pretty active. I generally try to work out 6 times a week. I lift three days a week (chest/shoulders, arms/back and legs) and run on the other three days (3-5 miles depending on how I'm feeling) with ab work.

I'm just curious what all you ladies are taking in relative to a macro standpoint. Please also state your height/weight/activity level so that I can understand and put it into perspective. Thanks girls!

Replies

• Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Net Calories Consumed/Day - 1,300
    Carbs / Day - 179.0 g
    Fat / Day - 36.0 g
    Protein / Day - 65.0 g
    Height/Weight/Activity - 5'5.5"/164/Very active (run 3x/week, strength training 2x/week, spin class 2x/week, yoga 1x/week).

I get scolded on here all the time for my macros (for not eating enough protein, mainly), but I'm working closely with my MD and am having tons of success with these numbers, so I'm sticking with it for now.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Calories per day 1711
    Carbs - 171g 40%
    Fat - 57g 30%
    Protein - 128g 30%

I'm 28, 5'4" and 137lbs. I strength train 3/4 days a week, HIIT 2 and yoga 1 day. I'm essentially following IIFYM but more focused on fat and protein, making sure I meet those macros each day even if it takes away from my carbs to stay within my calorie limit. Personally I like eating more protein and it keeps me full, I've been doing that for a couple months with no problems or complaints.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    5'2", 125 lbs. Losing the last 5-10 lbs very slowly through exercise primarily. Just trying to find maintenance calories.

Calories 1600
    Protein 100g (min)
    Fat 50g (min)
    Saturated fat 15g (or thereabouts..)
    Fiber 35g (min)

Don't bother tracking carbs/sugar etc.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5"2, 105 lbs. Maintaining (and attempting body recomp) now on approx 1950 calories per day. I do Stronglifts 5x5 3 times per week, and some form of light cardio 3 times per week, plus walking 7 or 8 miles per day. I aim for:

Protein 100g (min)
    Fat 50g (min)

As with the poster above, I don't bother tracking carbs. I just make sure I hit my protein and fat minimums and let the rest of my calories fall wherever they may!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    5'6, 135 lbs, recomping on 2200 calories daily. I do resistance training 3/week and walking or interval training 3-5/week.
    Carbs: 220
    Fat: 90
    Protein: 125
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    5'5", 136 lbs, trying to lose body fat without losing much muscle, so I've been lifting heavy(ish) 3 days a week, and doing tae kwon do for ~ 3 hours/week. My protein is about 1 g/lb lean body mass, or .8g/lb body weight overall.

1700 - 1800 cals/day
    Carbs - 85 (max)
    Protein - 106 (min)
    Fat - 104 (min)

I am not good at sticking to this, honestly, and I almost always go over on carbs and don't quite meet my fat/protein goals, but I'm still losing a little bit of weight every week. I am also slowly losing fractions of inches, which I'm hoping means fat and not muscle loss :)
  • amelie2651
    amelie2651 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 119#. I run about 3 miles thrice weekly and do yoga twice a week.

My focus is virtually eliminating refined carbohydrates and eating plenty of fat. I aim for 50-60% fat, with the remainder split more or less evenly between carbs and protein. So for me, that's roughly 100 grams of each macro-nutrient per day.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    This is what I naturally gears towards weekly: 25% fat, 15% protein, 60% carbs. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables... I also don't exercise that much since college classes started again, only running when I feel like it and lifting light weights plus squats every other day.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm female, 51, 5'5", 132 lbs, 17% BF (size US 4-6) currently into the second month of Erin Stern's Elite Body Trainer, working on shedding a bit more fat. The weight isn't really going down, but the fat seems to be melting slowly.

My macros are not fixed, the actual grams depend on the daily calorie burn/exercise.

1500 cal net
    40% protein
    25% fat
    35% carbs
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    5'7", 122lbs, bulking/recomping. I am weight training 3x per week, HIIT/circuit training 2x per week, yoga/pilates 2x per week, also I am nursing.

Calories per day: 3200
    Carbs: 360g
    Fat: 70-124g
    Protein: 160-180g (minimum)

I find MFP's current method of setting macros really frustrating since it is by percentage only, but as long as I know my numbers I aim for that.

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    70% carbs 15% fat 15% protein. Total cals for the day 1800. Im 5'4 and 119ish. In maintenance.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    40-40-20 protein fat's carbs which works out to be
    165 gram protein
    75 grams fat
    70 grams of carbs
    (roughly - rounded to the nearest 5)

I tend to average out to 33/33/33 on my own - so I don't sweat it.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    5'3", 140 lbs, definitely getting to be more compact (have dropped a dress size and body fat, but remain the same weight. Hoping to eventually get down to around 130 lbs). I workout 5-6 days a week, lift heavy twice a week, do TRX, kickboxing, bootcamp, spin- you name it!

Calories for the day using TDEE-15-20%= 1650

Macro breakdown is 35/30/35

Carbs: 144g
    Fat: 55g
    Protein: 144g

I almost never hit my fat goal, so it pushes around my other numbers- but I come close most of the time.
  • amgerbin
    amgerbin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Now I'm totally confused. Everyone's numbers seem much higher than mine. Maybe I did the goals incorrectly?

I'm 5'8", 150 lbs (trying to lose 10lbs), and MFP gave me this:

Net Calories Consumed / Day 1,250 cal/day
    Carbs / Day 156.0 g
    Fat / Day 42.0 g
    Protein / Day 63.0 g
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well most of us are eating 1500 or more calories a day. and the closer you get to goal weight- the harder it is to lose- how much weight did you set to lose a week- b/c if you have it set at 2 lbs a week that's way to aggressive for your current height and weight- you'll be lucky if you can consistently lose 1/2 pound a week.

• amgerbin
    amgerbin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have it set to lose 1 lb a week. I'd never try to lose 2 lbs a week - that is way too crazy for me! haha It just seems low, after seeing others. So then I did the TDEE site I found here and the numbers are different. It's enough to drive a person crazy.

All I know is that since I've been using MFP, I've already lost 10 lbs. And now I am working with a naturopathic doctor to figure out my food to best match my body and health issues.