Low carb

Options
1235»

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    My problem with low carb is that you end up cutting out entire food groups. Not just bread, but fruit and vegetables that aren't low carb approved, such as apples and bananas.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My problem with low carb is that you end up cutting out entire food groups. Not just bread, but fruit and vegetables that aren't low carb approved, such as apples and bananas.

Most low carbers don't cut out that food group, but they may restrict it somewhat. They will eat apples and bananas. I had an orange, celery and snap peas yesterday. Perhaps not as much as some but I am on the very low carb end of the spectrum of about 20 g of carbs per day and low carb is still another 100+ g more than that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I'm not low carb, per se, but many of my friends are. Most eat quite a few vegetables, many of them eat more than the average MFP user, I'd bet.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My problem with low carb is that you end up cutting out entire food groups.

what, like vegetarians do ?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    My problem with low carb is that you end up cutting out entire food groups.

what, like vegetarians do ?

:wink:
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Low carb is generally below 100/day.