Is playing Just Dance on the Wii considered exercise ?

Options
i love playing Just Dance on my wii is that considered as a workout? :o:p

Replies

• Jenny_Aguayo
    Jenny_Aguayo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It also gives you muscles on your arms.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    "exercise"s is defined as "activity requiring physical effort, carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness."

Does Just Dance fit that criteria? Is so, yes, you can consider it exercise.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    AlondraJim wrote: »
    really ? i like to dance to "its raining men" but i dont see men raining LOL. i didnt know it gives you arm muscles . how much does the wii remote weigh ?

You aren't going to be gaining muscle. As for if it's exercise, people call lots of things exercise. It is an activity that gets you moving which is a good thing

• Jenny_Aguayo
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jwhited71 wrote: »
    really ? i like to dance to "its raining men" but i dont see men raining LOL. i didnt know it gives you arm muscles . how much does the wii remote weigh ?

You aren't going to be gaining muscle. As for if it's exercise, people call lots of things exercise. It is an activity that gets you moving which is a good thing
    No your lying my mom told me you do get muscle :'(

• bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! Certain songs are more intense than others, I just pick ones that I know are high energy and play it for at least an hour (it's easy to keep going)! I'll warm up with a slower song. The newer versions have a Just Sweat mode that are intended to be a workout too. Just Dance 2015 comes out this month and I can't wait! I have found the game to be very fun and it's great for exercise when you don't feel like "working out"!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    NO... just no. no-gif.gif
  • Jenny_Aguayo
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    NO... just no. no-gif.gif
    JES JES JES.

• EsmeFuentes1
    EsmeFuentes1 Posts: 7
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i think you gain arm muscles because you mostly move your arms in that game because my cousin did it and he lost 50 lbs. just playing that game
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If your heart rate increases and you burn up a nice sweat yes. Its more activity that sitting a playing a game.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds playing just dance and eating well before and during my pregnancy. It's basic cardio that can be done in short spurts, if you do the harder songs -- good for people who only have 30 minutes to workout, don't have a gym and can't go outside to workout.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    It would definitely be considered cardio exercise, especially if you do it on the Just Sweat option. Some of those songs are killer! I love Dance games!

As for muscles, no. . . LOL
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Nope.

I'd say it's probably fun though.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Nope.

I would think it would depend on how you play and level of fitness. I use the Just Sweat option, choose 40 minutes, and it does song after song for 40 minutes. How is that different from doing something like Zumba?

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    hmmm interesting...when I do it I am sweating, out of breath (after certian songs) and do it for a long time ie 30-45mins...it's fun.

I wouldn't say it builds muscle but if you are exerting yourself and getting into it yes it's exercise. Just like walking 3mph is exercise.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

Nope.

I would think it would depend on how you play and level of fitness. I use the Just Sweat option, choose 40 minutes, and it does song after song for 40 minutes. How is that different from doing something like Zumba?

exactly...