What's my activity level?

Options
I never know what activity level to select when asked, so perhaps you guys will be able to help. ^^ I've been taking a break from most exercise this week, but my usual exercise schedule goes something a little like this -

Monday-
Yoga - 45 mins
Gym - 30/45 mins
Walking - 30 mins

Tuesday -
Zumba - 45 mins
Roller Skating - 30 mins

Wednesday -
Spinning - 45 mins
Walking - 60 mins
Gym - 30/45 mins

Thursday -
Walking - 30 mins

Friday -
Walking - 60 mins
Gym - 30/45 mins

I don't really do anything on the weekends, sometimes some squats and crunches and stuff, but nothing substantial. Thing is, when I'm not doing those exercises above, I'm often sitting - or more usually lying - down, so I never know what to put as my activity level.
Any ideas? :)

Replies

• fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    I would say, as far as workouts are concerned, you're about light to moderate... Depends on the amount of exertion you're using during your workouts.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    OP, are you also logging exercises individually and eating back exercise calories? If so, set it at 'Sedentary'.

Otherwise set it at 'Lightly Active' and don't log your exercises.

The idea is that the activity level should encompass movement other than discrete exercise sessions; if you take into account your workouts while setting that level, you will be double-counting "calories earned" and won't properly establish your weight loss guidelines.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you follow MFP use sedentary and log the exercise separately. If you are TDEE calculator use active and don't log exercise. with either option try it out for 3-4 weeks and adjust as necessary.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your job is. MFP goes by what your job is, the exercise is done separately. There is an exercises section where you log your exercises. You are supposed to eat back the calories it says you earned from exercising.
  • LittleOldUnhealthyMe
    Options
    Ahh okay, thank you! I am generally logging my exercises separately, but not eating back the calories.
    alikonda wrote: »
    The idea is that the activity level should encompass movement other than discrete exercise sessions; if you take into account your workouts while setting that level, you will be double-counting "calories earned" and won't properly establish your weight loss guidelines.
    Ooh this makes sense! Haha that's an easier way to understand it, thank you.