Gained 6lbs in one day

Options
2»

Replies

• silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Use an app called HappyScale. You can weigh every day, but it shows you the overall trend so you don't have to freak out over daily fluctuations. It's far more accurate than weekly weighing.

Changes in water weight don't matter unless you're trying to make weight for a wrestling competition or something. What you care about is fat loss.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sounds like water retension to me. I dropped almost 6 pounds of water weight in a matter of twelve hours. Just watch the sodium intake for the next couple of days and it should drop back down again.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Penzey's has a salt-free southwest-style seasoning blend that I love, it's called Arizona Dreaming and it should be great for tacos.

I've been listening to a podcast series on the elements and just last night I learned that one sodium molecule can bind to TWENTY FIVE water molecules. Hence why salt make us retain water :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday!! Right or wrong it holds ME accountable... Do what is best for YOU!!! :)

THIS^ ;) I weigh everyday because I avoided a scale for most of my adult life. Even when I was pregnant I would literally turn around and ask the nurse not to tell me what it was. I know I was in total denial. Then one day you wake up and discover you have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and you're almost 40 and terrified of dying! My weight was 412 that day! NEVER AGAIN! SO if weighing everyday helps you...do it.