Fighting the seasonal urge to eat more

As the weather cools, I find I want to eat more, perhaps out of some natural instinct to stock up for winter. I am new to the 'community' part of this tool, and am looking for others to encourage and be encouraged by in my efforts to lose 30 pounds.

Anyone interested?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Yup. Same here. When temps drop the appetite goes up and I crave heavy comfort foods...lots of them! Normally I gain 10 pounds from October through January. Last year was a bit more.

For me though, as long as I keep up exercise I don't worry much. It is when I start wanting to sit around at home in a warm house and chill with the family that eating big wreaks havoc.

Feel free to add me, though i am not nearly as active here as I used to be.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    I'm looking for some type of tracking tool that will allow me to eat the foods I'm craving, but not so much that I end up in a positive energy balance.

Any suggestions are appreciated
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited October 2014
    I was just saying yesterday that I spent the whole day feeling hungry! I ate as I normally do, I have a standard day time eating habit, dinner is the one that changes, but I was sooo hungry and this is all I could put it down to! I decided that I would drink more water, add more fruit and veg to bulk up my meals and move more - as a distraction more than anything- until my body adjusts and I can go back to normal. Or you could look at another thread about seasonal affective disorder there are some tips there that could help?