Is my calorie deficit too small?

Options
For a start, here are is my current physical state: 6"2, 20 years old, male, 175 lbs.
About 3 months ago, I weighed 148 lbs. I have now gained weight rather rapidly, along with it a lot of fat. I am also an avid runner, and the weigh gain has had a hugely negative effect on my running. Basically, I just started to eat a lot of junk.

At this point I am now trying to cut back to 155-160 lbs and see where I am. My workout routine is as follows: 4 3-5 miles runs a week, along with 3 one hour long weight training sessions.

I am started intermittent fasting in the past week, and it seems to be suiting my lifestyle. I intake 1800 calories in a five hour feeding window daily. 90% of my diet is nutrient dense, as in veg, fish, fruit, cheese etc.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan for weight loss, and is this an attainable goal within 10 weeks? If not, should I look at lowering my intake?

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You posted almost this exact same thing a few days ago and everyone told you what you didn't want to hear (that your goals may be too low). No 1,800 calories a day is not enough for how much you are exercising/how much weight you have to lose. Everyone told you that last time.

No, 10 weeks is not enough time to lose the last 15-20 lbs. in a healthy way.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal.
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal.
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal.
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal.
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your deficit actually sounds too big for what you have to lose. I would go with .5-1 pound a week.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I believe the answers will be the same as they were yesterday.