Anyone from Michigan?

Options
Not new but looking for new friends I'm 62 and also use a fitbit one

Replies

• korkyrn
    korkyrn Posts: 18
    Options
    Well hello there fellow Michigander. I live in Escanaba... way up in the UP. I just restarted here on MFP and would love for you to add my as your friend. :D
  • Pamelawagg
    Pamelawagg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are way up there! It's Beautiful up there. I live in lansing I've been on mfp for 2 years and trying to get serious about tracking again darn food addictions. I have no problem with exercise motivation knock on wood. Yes, I would love to add you! :)
  • jannthompson
    jannthompson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I live right on the west side of Ann Arbor :)
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Hiya Michiganders! My name's Cat. I went to school at NMU in Marquette, and my folks owned a little ski hovel in Marenisco near Powderhorn, Blackjack and, Indianhead ski areas. In fact, I learned to ski on the bunny hill with a rope tow at Indianhead, waay back in 1965.

I consider myself a Wisconsinite, and am currently living in Utah - Greatest Snow On Earth. And the most archaic liquor laws in the nation.

I'm 54 and have just joined a gym after not working out for a year. We do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) which is hard, but quick. And today I did my first-ever Spin Class.

Nice to talk to you Great Lakes folks. I miss it there, except the mosquitos.

-Cat
  • Pamelawagg
    Options
    Jannthompson nice to meet you...Ann arbor is also a great place too live!
  • Pamelawagg
    Options
    Hi cat I sent you a reply but, it seemed to disappear. We are sending you all our snow and Mosquitos ! Lol. Glad to hear you are back at the gym getting healthy you must already be in great shape with all that skiing
  • keic10688
    keic10688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm from Port Huron but just recently moved to Chicago :)
  • Feistycat
    Options
    Say "Ya to da U.P.", eh? Wondering: is cudighi still a thing up there? I loved that stuff.

Pamelawagg: No, truly not in great shape. All that skiing mostly happened while I was growing up. For the last 18 years I've had a child who hates skiing:( However he's just left for college, and we're now empty nesters, so Snowbird, Alta, Deer Valley and Park City here we come!

However, the ski resorts out here in the west are steeep, even the Green Runs sometimes. I remember my late beloved Aunt Lark would ski at Powderhorn, but only in the area she called "Boring Flats". Oh, how how I'd like some of that around here. I know, boo hoo.

-Cat
    Wasatch Front in Utah, but with a special place in my heart for Michigan.
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I live in "The Thumb" and have the FitBit Flex... I also have the One (what can I say, I am a huge fan of FitBit!!) :D
  • jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not a native, but current resident, I've been living almost a year in Troy, MI
  • Stosha2319
    Stosha2319 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm from Florida but live in Fruitport, MI....also a FitBit user as well, would love to add you. I love my FitBit!
    www.fitbit.com/user/274C4T
  • jt_alucard
    jt_alucard Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm currently deployed, from hought lake area, but current live in that state down south
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from the thumb area but I'm studying in the UP :)
  • Feistycat
    Options
    nocull wrote: »

NMU Wildcats, perchance?

• Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feistycat wrote: »
    nocull wrote: »

NMU Wildcats, perchance?
    Nah.. I'm a husky
  • Feistycat
    Options
    NMU Wildcats, perchance?

[/quote]
    Nah.. I'm a husky
    [/quote]

Houghton, then, right?