Pole fitness?

Options
Anyone else do pole for FITNESS? (not stripping!) I go to a class one hour a week and have no idea how to track it or how much kcal I would burn??

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I don't but I guess if you wear a HRM it could give you an idea.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've looked this up a bajillion times LOL Obviously these are estimates and each person is different but gives you a base line I guess

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/Dancing-Calories-Burned-by-Type-How-many-Calories-does-Dancing-Burn-/c8/
  • Ahrena
    Ahrena Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it varies a lot depending on whether you're doing routine work, pole flow or just working on invertions. I find when I do routines I end up out of breath, and climbing makes me hot and sweaty, but just doing inverted poses I can only feel it in my muscles as strength work.

I absolutely love it though and have noticed huge changes in my core and upper body in the last 6 months since I started.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM to classes. Since it goes around your upper rib cage there it doesn't interfere with skin/pole contact. More than the calories burned though is the strength building. I can't believe how strong I am. I am constantly surprised at the new muscle definition I see. Especially in my arms and shoulders.