I'm all about that bass, no treble.

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    blukitten wrote: »
    came in looking for the body shaming uproar-- leaves slightly disappointed

Do love the song- yes its overplayed- love it most to hear my daughter singing along to it in the car in her mickey mouse voice!

Put that on youtube... you'll make a mint.
  • dbmata
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    Ooh, you may be asking for treble with this topic... :smile: There was a recent uproar.

I'm not sure whether to flag you or quote you.

Can't flag for clever. We need a like button.
  • Legend1945
    Legend1945 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm all about plus size ;)

and confidence!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    knitapeace wrote: »
    Ooh, you may be asking for treble with this topic... :smile: There was a recent uproar.

I'm not sure whether to flag you or quote you.

Can't flag for clever. We need a like button.

There WAS one a minute ago. But it disappeared. :( I even liked baconslave's post.

• smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how I can find this thread again later, now that I've replied. Also how can I find the other thread that was similar to this one earlier (mentioned in the second post)

Thanks.

Also, If anyone has seen any good threads today please let me know, just hand write the URL of the good threads and mail them to me. PM me for my mailing address.

-Smitty, in love with the new forums.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    "generic and snarky comment about body shaming"
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    except the lyrics go on to say "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night." so there's that.
  • dbmata
    Options
    elsie0o0 wrote: »
    except the lyrics go on to say "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night." so there's that.

Do I not have two hands? Do I not feel?
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how I can find this thread again later, now that I've replied. Also how can I find the other thread that was similar to this one earlier (mentioned in the second post)

Thanks.

Also, If anyone has seen any good threads today please let me know, just hand write the URL of the good threads and mail them to me. PM me for my mailing address.

-Smitty, in love with the new forums.

Look for the almost invisible star outline near the OP and click on it to follow this post. I think you can search for the old posts, but it keeps erroring me when I click on them, so I dunno.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    <shrugs> I like the song...I think Meghan Trainor is funny, and the song is catchy. My DD and I sing it good n loud in the car.

As for skinny girl shaming...I guess it probably does, but then she says she's just playing and every inch of them is perfect from the bottom to the top, too. :smiley:
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    elsie0o0 wrote: »

Do I not have two hands? Do I not feel?

Lol
  • shakey68
    shakey68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't get to hear it that often, but as a "bass" type of girl, it's about time. Tired of hearing about all the girls in their bikini's (listen to country music). And thanks Legend1945 for your comment. We need more men like you.
    Legend1945 wrote: »

and confidence!

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Legend1945 wrote: »

and confidence!

giphy.gif
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love that song and i don't care who knows it annnd my 2.5 year old daughter dances to it making it all the better
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    IN for skinny shaming
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Here's something to argue about:
    Does no one have any trouble with their preteen/teenage girls singing about "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night"? Because young girls totes need to be singing about groping and sex, like, all the time.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Does no one have any trouble with their preteen/teenage girls singing about "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night"? Because young girls totes need to be singing about groping and sex, like, all the time.

I'm going to agree here. I only have boys and I change the station when songs with questionable lyrics come on.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

I guess I'm just hopelessly innocent, because I just associated that with cuddling. o:)

• daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »

I'm going to agree here. I only have boys and I change the station when songs with questionable lyrics come on.

I don't think that this particular song is going to directly cause teen sexcapades. :wink:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top.

Finally, a decent song promoting a healthy mental body image.

Decent is a relative term here.