I'm starting from scratch

Options
I've been bouncing from diet to diet looking for that magic diet that will work easily.
Doesn't exist.......
I'm going to try this again, simplify things, stop looking for a miracle and start the hard work I need to do this.
It's not going to be easy, I have to be brave, I have 140lb to lose, it's affecting my health and my life...... :#

Replies

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking the first step. I've bounced from one to the other and made mself miserable. Now I dont deny anything and I simply eat less and move more. Am happiest I have been in ages. You can do this
  • Misslove36
    Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How do I add people
  • Misslove36
    Options
    That's what I need to do,eat less move more x
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This can be done, I've lost 118 lbs.

It takes lots and lots of patience, being consistent, total honesty with yourself, and remembering you aren't perfect and you don't have to be. Find a reasonable calorie deficit, find an activity that you enjoy and will do. Log your food.

Here's some links that really helped me:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

Good luck to you :)

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you got this. I have lost 35 pounds so far and have another 135 pounds to go. Everyone looks for that magic pill but all it is is temporarily weight loss, then the weight comes back bringing friends. The correct way is to eat right and exercise. There is no secret to weight loss.
  • jeanniee65
    jeanniee65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've gained 40...feel horrible...my butt keeps knocking into stuff...LOL....back to MFP as of this moment!
  • Misslove36
    Options
    I've had a day that would make you laugh if it wasn't so crazy
    I've been such a down bubble of late, today my eyes opened and I'm happy
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    Misslove36 wrote: »
    I've been bouncing from diet to diet looking for that magic diet that will work easily.
    Doesn't exist.......
    I'm going to try this again, simplify things, stop looking for a miracle and start the hard work I need to do this.
    It's not going to be easy, I have to be brave, I have 140lb to lose, it's affecting my health and my life...... :#

You've got this! Patience and consistency are all you need! This is a great site to have people help keep you accountable. Start with baby steps, change takes time, so don't give up!