What do you think of Jamie Eason's Livefit program?

Options
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

Hi everyone, I really want to start lifting, but I'm not sure which program I should do. I've heard good things about this one. Would that be a good start?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Beginners tend to do best with either full-body workouts, or an upper / lower split on different days. Her program is a 4-part split, which is basically an advanced bodybuilder's program. Plus her high reliance on machines makes it more suitable for bodybuilders and less for functional strength.
    You'll "hear good things" about every program, because every program produces some improvements over doing nothing - especially if the person fixes their diet too!
    Hers is not a horrible program (i've seen worse), but programs like NROL are more suitable for beginners.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Beginners tend to do best with either full-body workouts, or an upper / lower split on different days. Her program is a 4-part split, which is basically an advanced bodybuilder's program. Plus her high reliance on machines makes it more suitable for bodybuilders and less for functional strength.
    You'll "hear good things" about every program, because every program produces some improvements over doing nothing - especially if the person fixes their diet too!
    Hers is not a horrible program (i've seen worse), but programs like NROL are more suitable for beginners.

Hmm okay I'm thinking I should look elsewhere then. And yeah that's very true about hearing good things about every program. It's just I'm not really sure what program I should choose. What about stronglifts 5x5? Or would NROL be a better choice?
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5! I'm a total newbie and this program was the one that was most often recommended. I'm not far in and really enjoying it.
    I also bought the book "Starting Strength" and I'm sure it's amazing, but so technical and dry. It's like a textbook so I haven't read much of it. But if you're into that it has a TON of information.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    Stronglifts 5x5! I'm a total newbie and this program was the one that was most often recommended. I'm not far in and really enjoying it.
    I also bought the book "Starting Strength" and I'm sure it's amazing, but so technical and dry. It's like a textbook so I haven't read much of it. But if you're into that it has a TON of information.

Yeah I'm thinking Stronglifts too now. That's good though, congrats on your results. :) I really am excited to see mine lol.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It's ok but it led to over training for me and I didn't see that great results. When I dumped the program and switched over to better designed ones (first advanced strong curves, than Nia Shanks 54321 and just finished her Muscle sculpting program) the results have been fast and furious.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I started that program, got halfway through then decided to do something else. It taught me a lot about strength training and different exercises I could do. I enjoyed it. I might try it again sometime.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I was an absolute beginner and this really helped me get started.

http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Every program is as good as you make it for yourself. If you need some guidance in the beginning, and are not quite sure about nutrition, Jamie's introductions are great, IMO. She's basically giving you a complete transformation package.
    I did not do her workout program, however, because I workout at home, and her exercises can be done best and without modification, if you have access to a gym.
    But she has a lot of experience, obviously, and I have used a lot of her recipe ideas.

Even if you decide for a different program, you have to check out the exercise library on bodybuilding.com! I've learned a lot from those little videos!

Good luck!