Optifast ?

I was wondering if there is anyone more recently on this program? Any help would be appreciated. I will be starting it next week and would like some others to be on it with me. Doing it on my own I don't want to pay 1800 dollars for the program through Kaiser...

Replies

• julski13
    julski13 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't know about doing it on your own . . . the program is well worth it if that price is for the 52 weeks of help and guidance (not to mention accountability). I'm in week 11 and have learned a LOT via the doctor, dietician, and behaviorist I see regularly. It's not a diet, it's a total lifestyle reboot.
  • I used to do celebrity slim, as soon as you stop doing the program you gain the weight back, shakes don't work unless you're planning to stick to it long term, thats my experience anyway. Goodluck
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Might be worth having a look at this discussion about Optifast

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/839473

In my opinion its just a waste of money and while you may see results isn't sustainable in the long term. The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat at a sensible calorie deficit.

Maybe ask the people on this thread how they are getting on with - its from Jan 2013 so would be interesting to see if they lost the weight and kept it off.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Why not do it the MFP way, learn good habits for a lifetime? Its free including help guidance and accountability?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Then why are you here? You can eat anything you want in moderation.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Long term, you have to make changes that are sustainable.
    Using MFP, making better choices, learning about nutrition and portion control, eating foods that you can eat for the rest of your life, and moving more has worked well for me. No drugs or surgeries. I have lost 160+ pounds doing this over the past 31 months as of today. I began 3/12/12.
    I have a friend that did Medifast. She lost 50# in 2011. Gained it all back, and more. Plus she is out $2000.00
    MFP is free (but I would pay for it if I had to). For me, it has at the very least extended my life, if not saved it. I am 63 years old. If I can do it, most people can, that do not have health conditions. Having said this, each person has to find their own way, what is right for one person, may not be for another. We are all "snowflakes".
    Just my .02 cents, for what it is worth. :)